Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph will go and Benteke/Vlaar will go next summer

He simply can't be faulted for wanting out he deserves to play for a side with bigger progressive ambitions

Why would any of our players want to play for the turd of a manager we currently have in charge our only chance of keeping him was to progress this season and move up the table

At least we still have Clark probably the only player in our squad who is happy Lambert is manager so he can continue his Masquerade of pretending to be a premiership player and probably Gabby because Lambert tolerates his Laziness and continues to pick him week in week out

• Like 1

I guess Gabby counts as loyalty in football and lots of fans didn't want us to offer him a new deal. Delph deserves better than us, I'd be gutted if he goes but I won't begrudge him or Vlaar for leaving.

For the last time, staying at a club because you've never attracted a bigger and/or better paid move doesn't constitute loyalty.

• Like 2

It's a disgrace that the club have allowed his contract to get to this point. We make cut backs to save money, but then piss money away by letting people get to a point where they can leave for free.

• Like 3

It's a disgrace that the club have allowed his contract to get to this point. We make cut backs to save money, but then piss money away by letting people get to a point where they can leave for free.

Agreed - like the mis-management of some of our expensive assets letting our better players leave without getting the best  or a decent fee for them is just incompetence. 

• Like 1

Angry about this.

Firstly, hrs been with us for nearly 7 years, in that time he has had so many injuries it got to the point I forgot he even played for us

Secondly, he may not be all that, he jumps into tackles and gets booked every other game bug he's still our best midfielder.

Thirdly - How on earth does it get to stage where were on the verge of losing our best players for **** all when we've signed up a player who has done **** all in 4 years, and a manager who's record breaking has been exceptional but in a bad way.

Joke. Joke of a club under the joke of an owner with a joke of a manager.

Completely agree with this.

Livid that we're going to lose him for nothing.

Fab is our best player but he's only really been decent for 18 months out of the 5/6 years he's been here. Can't blame him for wanting to leave based on our current plight, but bearing in mind we've stuck by him through his injuries, surely he could've signed a short term deal with a modest release clause so we didn't lose him for nothing?

In summary, we paid £6m for him and at least the same again in wages, for 18 months or so and get nothing back. Shocking on every level

• Like 1

Ultimately, I'd say his level is a Europa League club like Spurs or Everton. Which is still a significant step up from a club in our position of course. 

maybe but is he better than McCarthy, Barry or Gibson think id even have Osman ahead of him. as for Spurs they have about 40 centre midfielders and players like Holtby and Dembele cant get a game for them

Nah we said this about Young and Downing, both got plenty of starts even if in time it proved neither were good enough for that level.

Delph would be same with Everton playing 60 games a season with the europa league.

I reckon he'll sign for Liverpool.

• Like 1

Pretty crap thing to do by a player who has been either injured or garbage or both for 90% of his time here and yet was never dumped on throughout ....... but that's football today and it doesn't surprise me.

Not sure he'll be well received next time he pulls on a Villa shirt !!!

Very much no he won't.

He's not even that good of a player. I really don't think we've missed him in the past 2 games he hasn't played. Just doesn't do enough for me. I genuinely think we're his level. 

Oh dear, you missed how one paced and pedestian the central midfield has become again. I'm not saying it's amazing with Delph in there but at least when he's on the ball he brings energy and forward movement when he goes on one of his runs.

As a fan it is easy to forget that football is a job to players, a way to get enough money in a 12 year spell to last a life time, Loyalty does not come in to it, agents are there to help them get the money and give them the best advice on how to get the best deals. As fans it is hard to accept but if offered the same job at another company for alot more money how many of us would refuse?

They want to play with the best players in the best team and win trophies, I do not feel the need to slam them for wanting to progress their careers, It is nothing new, We lost Platt to a team that was no better than us but offered more money and conditions, It has always been this way and will continue to be like this, as fans we do not see them as employees, Why do we feel he owes us anything because he was injured, If the club could get out of paying wages to injured players then they would. eventually football will be like any other job where you sign a contract of employment like in any other job and leave when you want like any other job. The only restrictions will be ones made by the leagues like only playing for 1 or 2 different teams in a year or only one team in a cup. Transfer fees will be a thing of the past  This although bad for fans is how it should be really and will benefit clubs and players alike especially if relegation occurs. We have to stop looking at players and thinking of them as ours when they do not have an affinity to the club, we should just enjoy it when we get to see good players play for us how ever short lived.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

If he's turned down 50k a week as the reports suggest then he can do one for me. You're not that good kid.

One of the best in a truly woeful group of players for sure but not irreplaceable by any means.

All if reports are correct of course.

I actually think in today's market he is probably worth around 70-75k p/w and I've no doubt that he'll find that somewhere.

I can't believe we're looking at Vlaar, Delph and Benteke leaving in the next 1-7 months :blush:

Yep and only getting a fee for one of them. Should make rebuilding an easy task.

Â