Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Well Delfouneso should be better than Drogba was last year, next year.

He would be already if he had been played, he should be played regularly from now on, him and bent would be my dream strike partnership they would be lethal, they'd score 20 between them between now and the end of the season

Saw him after the match outside players exit. He was talking to a short, black 30s looking Blackburn player (sorry don't know who) and to a smartly dressed skinnier black guy in his early 40's (at first I thought he was a former Villa great because Villa players were going up to say hello (Bannan and Albrighton + Fonz...help me out with my limited pre-2006 Villa knowledge!!)

Anyways, Nathan came across as a little whiney baby. He said "Yeah man, well it ain't my position, the gaffer should know I'm a striker...I don't play out there....But you know, I bang in the goals cause that's my job baby, banging them in...."

Not exactly eloquent.

BTW, no clue what Bannan was saying except for a couple words here and there ...I don't understand HIS Scottish accent.

Met Albrighton and sat next to his parents at the match, great people.

Delfouneso 'I bang in the goals' has got 2 in 15 appearances this season... :lol:

Any other stories to tell about any other players?

Or to put a different spin on it:

Delfouneso Stats

League: Starts 2 - Goals 2 (Although 1 of the goals was presumably v Pompey as a sub - that is the only goal I can remember him ever scoring as a sub)

FA Cup: Starts 5 - Goals 4

Other: Starts 3 - Goals 2 (Europa cup I presume?)

Pretty impressive record. He isn't the finished article and is sometimes frustrating, but there is a hell of alot of potential in the lad.

I would like to see him playing off Bent at some point - in the Ashley Young role effectively. Scored with a very good downward header today too!

He would be already if he had been played, he should be played regularly from now on, him and bent would be my dream strike partnership they would be lethal, they'd score 20 between them between now and the end of the season

:lol:

There's something missing with the lad and I can't quite put my finger on it. He's got control, good feet, quick, can finish. Don't know why I don't rate him higher, but I don't.

He seems to lack a bit of urgency doesn't he? He doesn't exactly swan about like Berbatov but he has that kind if mentality I think.

Also he's always slow to react to passes and rebounds.

Still think he's deserving of a decent run upfront, though I can't see how it would come about. We already need to leave Heskey, Albrighton and Makoun/NRC out of the team so he's some way down the pecking order.

Add Ethan Moore to the mix and SGC may just cream himself.

Delfouneso as much talent as albrighton banana and Delph. He will be the new yorke.

There's something missing with the lad and I can't quite put my finger on it. He's got control, good feet, quick, can finish. Don't know why I don't rate him higher, but I don't.

He seems to lack a bit of urgency doesn't he? He doesn't exactly swan about like Berbatov but he has that kind if mentality I think.

Also he's always slow to react to passes and rebounds.

Still think he's deserving of a decent run upfront, though I can't see how it would come about. We already need to leave Heskey, Albrighton and Makoun/NRC out of the team so he's some way down the pecking order.

Same for me actually. I think he's a good player and a brilliant prospect but just how longer can he stay a prospect? He's got good vision and quick feet but his decision making is something that could be improved. Think he's a bit nervous. Either that or he's always caught in two minds as he's not the quickest to react to a pass.

I have been critical of him more about his application but pleasing to hear how they say he is really knuckling down in training and they are seeing a big improvement

Brilliant news. I hope that can be rewarded at some stage of the season. Although it's going to be tough now Bent is here. GH seems good with the younger players though.

I think he's more likely to be the new Agbonlahor than the new Yorke

Which would be an achievement in itself.

He's got more natural footballing ability than Gabby had, a bigger physique and similar (although nowhere near as rapid) pace. He's got the ingredients, it's just application, development a bit of luck needed to make a decent player of him.

Would like to see him get a run playing with Bent or Heskey. I think his best position is as "second" striker when he can make runs without being the main target man.

May be worth giving him a go in there instead of Ashley - I think he would be more of a goal threat.

Â