Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Watching "Downfall" on iPlayer. Superb. I've seen it countless times and I detest the memes about it etc but it is a brilliant piece of film.

(not that I'm just watching for the lovely lady).

The scene where Mrs Goebbels poisons the children is one of the saddest things I've seen in a film Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

First day at a new job today. I've gone from being the go-to guy when pretty much anything is broken, to almost no one having a clue who I am or what I do.

I got 4 emails all day. I've never been so relaxed at work. 

• Like 4

Finishing at 11:45 for a half day, getting all the shit you needed to do faster than you'd planned, then spending the rest of the day, sitting on the sofa eating cookies, while watching TV quiz shows. Beats the hell out of work.  

I'm developing a man crush in this new little Indian barber. He took about 4 minutes, didn't say a word and he gives the best haircuts I've ever had, all for a tenner.

DHUTWU.

• Like 3

I'm developing a man crush in this new little Indian barber. He took about 4 minutes, didn't say a word and he gives the best haircuts I've ever had, all for a tenner.

DHUTWU.

It would take about 4 minutes but my word he'll be saying a word or two. But seriously I felt a bit sorry for the regular barber I've been having for years, I had the choice of either of them and he looked at me hopefully but I just gave him a 'thanks, but no thanks' nod and went with the newer guy.

Our dog has taken a liking to The Clangers, particularly the sounds they make.

They actually had proper written script for the clangers as if they were talking like humans ... Musicians were then told to reproduce the rhythm and intonation of every word in the script

Getting home from work and finding a San Miguel in the fridge, a crunchie in the cupboard and star trek iv just starting. Word.

In a similar vein, a couple of bottles of Casillero del Diablo, a bar of Jelly Popping Candy chocolate, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly on Channel 5.  

• Like 2

Â