Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Watching "Downfall" on iPlayer.  Superb. I've seen it countless times and I detest the memes about it etc but it is a brilliant piece of film.

(not that I'm just watching for the lovely lady). 

Watching "Downfall" on iPlayer.  Superb. I've seen it countless times and I detest the memes about it etc but it is a brilliant piece of film.

Nazi's or Korean Prozzie?

Nazi's or Korean Prozzie?

Did you mean to post that in the "Plans for the weekend" thread?

Some kids across the road thought it would be fun to shine a laser pen through our window while we were having dinner so my dad went out the back to his shed, grabbed his air rifle and crept to the front door before leaping out and aiming it at them. They just dropped out of sight. Haven't been bothered since :D

Downfall is great, but I'm not sure that it should cheer you up!

Not seen it in a while, I'm into that old war stuff and it's brilliantly done.

(Oh, and it has the delicious Alexandra Maria Lara :))

Nazis get killed and the war ends. :huh:

Oh yes, I forgot about that, and also the Bollywood style dance routine during the closing credits.

Feel good film of the year!

It's a great film and I understand the sentiment of being cheered up by a well made film, I just found it a bit odd is all.

(Downfall not to be confused with Falling Down which is equally brilliant!).

Is that the one where Hitler goes mental on the way home from work, and shoots up a McDonalds? 

Yeah, that's the badger.

Nazis get killed and the war ends. :huh:

Oh yes, I forgot about that, and also the Bollywood style dance routine during the closing credits.

Feel good film of the year!

It's a great film and I understand the sentiment of being cheered up by a well made film, I just found it a bit odd is all.

You are forgiven ;)

Seriously though, it's not something for everyone.  I just posted as it generally did cheer me up when I saw it on iPlayer earlier ("ooooh, now that's a film").  Just like I would post if "Yojimbo","Porky's" or "Weekend at Bernie's" appeared  :D

Edited by trekka

“I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be **** signing that.’”

Extract from Roy Keane's autobiography

• Like 1

Â