Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Getting Amazon packages in the mail, always like a little slice of Christmas

Definitely this.

I used not to like internet shopping, too much deferred gratification - I wanted to walk into a shop, see it, buy it, walk out with it in my sweaty mitts.

But as it became increasingly impossible to get anything I want on the high street, my internet shopping increased. Much easier to find exactly what I want, and almost always cheaper.

And as I now order LOTS of stuff, I tend to forget what's on on the way, and I get that pleasant surprise that you describe as the parcels arrive at the door.

That I will most probably be on Sky Sports tomorrow and Saturday.

Theres a documentary/ Highlights of the European Championships of Lacrosse being played 5 or 6 times. It will mostly involve the England team but considering we (Ireland) played England twice including in the Final, Im sure people will see me. Im just hoping they show something from the Semi between Sweden and Ireland, as it would quite likely include my goal, which I am very proud of (commentator said after the goal – “the boys got skills, Take a bow son, That is some serious showboating)

Anyway iv sky+ it

The most suitable punishment would be to stick him in some comminity safety programme for the rest of his days. I'd say drug education or something but he'd end up dealing them himself.

In cases where non-fatal punishment has been meted out completely inappropriately to a totally innocent civilian, I would like to see the same treatment made of the officer. But that's just me :)

The following text I just received from the missus...

Our records indicate that you were once felt up by Jimmy Saville and may be entitled to compensation. Just reply 'How's about that then' to register or to opt out 'stop Jimmy stop' to 84356. Register now to get your free 'Lawyers4u fixed it 4 me' badge
  • Like 1

At Newark airport .....that doesn't cheer me up much but I'll be getting on my flight sooooooon and when I get off the plane I'll be in brum!! Woohoo!

• Like 1

The following text I just received from the missus...

Our records indicate that you were once felt up by Jimmy Saville and may be entitled to compensation. Just reply 'How's about that then' to register or to opt out 'stop Jimmy stop' to 84356. Register now to get your free 'Lawyers4u fixed it 4 me' badge

Sounds like a cry for help.

Squirrel and jerusalem artichoke.

Well, it is the Basingstoke town centre branch so they probably do have some off-the-menu roadkill varieties available. Not confident they'll have the artichoke, but as it's Domino's the associated flatulence and gastric pain will be present anyway.

That reminds me as well; haggis. Supermarket haggis tends to be pants, but Costco do a mean haggis and I've one in the fridge waiting to be cooked up. Bloody lovely.

Oh yes! Sainsburys has some decent Haggis as well. Cannot recall the brand, but it is always delightful!

What the **** do you have with it though? I'm no fan of neeps or tatties, so I always get stuck with what to accompany it with. I did make little filo pastry haggis parcels one time, very tasty with a sweet chilli dip.

What the **** do you have with it though? I'm no fan of neeps or tatties, so I always get stuck with what to accompany it with. I did make little filo pastry haggis parcels one time, very tasty with a sweet chilli dip.

Yeah I typically will take the haggis with tatties...How about pizza? You given that a go before, I tend to like that.

Â