Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Can't agree.

Cheese should never have anything "in" it.

Whenever I visit the Wensleydale Creamery in Hawes I buy loads of different cheeses with stuff in (after tasting every one of them of course). My favourite was the clotted cream and strawberry cheese that they had as a special "one off" - it was bloody awesome.

Doesn't all this repeated viewing of a film spoil it for you? I could never do that.

BTW never seen any Planet of the Apes films. I hate apes and monkeys, even pretend ones.

I used to rewatch films regularly when i was a kid. I remember watching "Hook" before school every day for about 2 months.

Nowadays there are a handful of films I can watch again and again (Fifth Element and Anchorman are probably the two I've seen the most), but nothing as regular as twice in a weekend or twice in one day!

Doesn't all this repeated viewing of a film spoil it for you? I could never do that.

BTW never seen any Planet of the Apes films. I hate apes and monkeys, even pretend ones.

I love the cyclical timeline of the originals. Only watch the originals if you're ever going to watch one.

It may be a generational thing. No video when I was a kid, so if you had a favourite film you had to wait until it came on TV, and make sure you were in to watch it. Then you had to keep it in your memory for several years until the next chance. I think this was actually a good thing. Although I now have a biggish DVD collection (of those very films), I would never watch any of them more than once a year, absolute max. Even that much runs the risk of spoiling the thrill.

Â