Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

I was really worried I'd given him too many and caused hypoglycemia but no he was there. Just with type 2 instead.

My mate and I used to go to this summer play group thing near Fox Hollies. They had a farm there.

One day we fed one of the goats a chewit.

Next day the goat was going bald, until eventually it was completely hairless.

I'm guessing the chewit didn't cause that, but we were utterly convinced we'd done it!

• Like 4

At the end of last year, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough leave to go home for Christmas, then I got seconded and didn't have to use any leave (as I was already in the UK)

Then, it turns out last year my annual leave was increased by 7 days, so 9 days got carried over into this year.

It's almost the end of May and I've used one of my annual leave days for the year.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

At the end of last year, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough leave to go home for Christmas, then I got seconded and didn't have to use any leave (as I was already in the UK)

Then, it turns out last year my annual leave was increased by 7 days, so 9 days got carried over into this year.

It's almost the end of May and I've used one of my annual leave days for the year.

What's annual leave? ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So give us the final figure !

For context, I started with 27 and I've used 7.5.

Well.

In Poland, the law is, you get 20 days basic. Then 27 if you've been in the workplace for 6 years. 

Your uni counts for those 6 years, so last year was my uni (4 years) + 2 years of employment so I automatically got bumped up to 27 days.

I had 36 days at the start of the year and I've used 10 already. So I'm at 26 now.

If anyone wants to come to Poland, I have plenty of time off to show you around :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

27 days.

Blimey! That's pretty good isn't it? When I used to work for other folks I seem to remember around 22 was the norm.

Just now, Designer1 said:

Blimey! That's pretty good isn't it? When I used to work for other folks I seem to remember around 22 was the norm.

Yeah it isn't bad. It's handy because I rarely take leave, so it allows me to build it up and take longer breaks.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah it isn't bad. It's handy because I rarely take leave, so it allows me to build it up and take longer breaks.

Yeah, to be honest one of the few drawbacks to working for yourself is the loss of paid leave. It's kind of a double whammy for me when I want to take the wife and kids away as I have to 1) pay for the holiday (obviously) but 2) lose a week or so of income.

It's not as bad the last few years as I have special side fund put away for it, but it still stings the pocket a bit.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That would work if it wasn't pronounced Krakuv :P

Comedic licence, you so and so ... :rant:  :P

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I get 25. I think that's fairly common now

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

At the University, I started (in 1985) on 25, went up to 30 after five years, and (after a promotion) ended up on 35. Plus bank holidays and 'customary' days - (extra Tuesday at Easter, most of the period between Xmas and New Year, etc.)

Edited by mjmooney

Saw that the other day.  Genius prankster.  Getting them back into Poundworld after they'd left too :crylaugh:  Love it.

Â