Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Sat out the front on one of the dining table chairs, vest on, shorts on, beer in hand with the grateful dead playing in the background. All I need now is a joint but I don't smoke joints which is a shame. I've got hyacinth bucket over the road who keeps glaring over at me out of her window, but this ain't benefits Britain, love and I'm a full time worker enjoying my weekend off. I love this weather.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

@rjw63 have you got a caravan then? 

My parents have one near machynlleth (sp?) we are going there next week

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sat out the front on one of the dining table chairs, vest on, shorts on, beer in hand with the grateful dead playing in the background. All I need now is a joint but I don't smoke joints which is a shame. I've got hyacinth bucket over the road who keeps glaring over at me out of her window, but this ain't benefits Britain, love and I'm a full time worker enjoying my weekend off. I love this weather.

So, why not the back garden?

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Can I hire it for a weekend :D

They don't hire out, they usually spend every other weekend there if weather is OK but the old fella has lymphoma so is resting up at home. There's no pub there so no good for you ;)

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

They don't hire out, they usually spend every other weekend there if weather is OK but the old fella has lymphoma so is resting up at home. There's no pub there so no good for you ;)

I just wanted a nice quiet place for me to study the bible. Hope the old fella is holding up  aswell as he can.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I just wanted a nice quiet place for me to study the bible. Hope the old fella is holding up  aswell as he can.

Cheers mate, not too bad but he got another neck lump recently. Scan results back in 10 days. Been on chemo for 4 months, looks like Uncle Fester now :)

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Cheers mate, not too bad but he got another neck lump recently. Scan results back in 10 days. Been on chemo for 4 months, looks like Uncle Fester now :)

Aarrrrggh that's shit. Keep your sense of humour and all the best mate :thumb:

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My nipper is an extra in a thing on Channel 4.

Strangely, they've played a trailer for it in the cinema this evening. So the family have now sat in the cinema and all seen the youngest up on the big screen in a trailer.

A bizarre, unexpected but glorious experience apparently. 

Why 'apparently'? You didn't enjoy it?

I've spent the last 2-3 hours outside pressure washing the deck. Expected it to be **** torturous, but  power tools, loud music and cold beer outdoors on a hot day, what's not to like.

Edited by Davkaus

Â