Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Sat in the park today. A couple of mums walked by, kids in tow.

The adults looked thoroughly fed up. We were a distance from the car park, and one of the children seemed to be recounting every joke he knew.

"What do you call a fly with no wings?" he says.

There's short pause as mum realises she's expected to reply.

Without looking at him she says in bored, received pronunciation "Disabled."

I pissed myself.

The lad looked disappointed and says "No. A currant"

I continued pissing myself.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I always thought the correct reply was 'a walk'.

Right, or "I don't know" allowing him to deliver the punchline.

She sort of half thought it through and came up with an inadvertently non PC response in good comic timing.

Sounding quite posh made it all the funnier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Hear, Hear for Paddy

He was a pretty cool dude wasn't he?

Damn straight. I still regret narrowly missing meeting him at the Doncaster away game. Still got his number in my phone. :(

• Like 2

On 29/04/2016 at 10:44, dAVe80 said:

Yep being an Uncle is cool. You get all the giggles and fun stuff, then you just hand them back to Mommy and Daddy for all the tantrums and poop.

I really do have very little feeling for any kids other than my own. I have 3 nephews and have very little bind with any of them 

16 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I have no idea who any of these people are, but this guy hits the nail on the head in his takedown of PC culture.

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I have no idea who any of these people are, but this guy hits the nail on the head in his takedown of PC culture.

The gay fellah is Milo Yiannopoulos the British journalist mostly to be seen challenging feminist lies and propaganda in the media.

The woman is Christina Hoff Summers, author of The War Against Boys, and known as the 'factual feminist' for her criticism of modern feminists.

Here's her disputing the American women's soccer team's claim that they should be paid the same as the men:  

President Obama is poised to declare the first-ever national monument recognizing the struggle for gay rights, singling out a sliver of green space and part of the surrounding Greenwich Village neighborhood as the birthplace of America’s modern gay liberation movement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-poised-to-create-first-monument-to-gay-rights/2016/05/03/0811810e-1154-11e6-93ae-50921721165d_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name:page/breaking-news-bar

I don't really like Obama, but I love this. It's a big East Coast middle finger to the Christian Right.

Â