Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Cycling Cornwall coast to coast both ways on Friday and cycling the Camel Trail (Padstow to Wemfordbridge with a detour round Bodmin) both ways on Saturday.

A couple of days gentle exercise - check. Some good photography of the old engine houses around Scorrier - very good.

If im ever down the following teams losing or failing miserably in no order Manure, sha, Chelsea, Barcelona Liverpool.

And every 2nd summer England or France cheer me up at major tournaments like this year when i was feeling down about the World Cup :D

If im ever down the following teams losing or failing miserably in no order Manure, sha, Chelsea, Barcelona Liverpool.

And every 2nd summer England or France cheer me up at major tournaments like this year when i was feeling down about the World Cup :D

Oh, Garbage do piss me off. Well, their success pisses me off I guess. They basically ripped of the massively superior Curve and sold a shitload of records on the back of it.

I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this,

and just look at the comments. :lol:

I've had many a wank session regarding Shirley Manson and Gwen Stefani doing things to each other over the years... that said that Toni chick may well warrant a "deposit box" in the wank bank.

Oh, Garbage do piss me off. Well, their success pisses me off I guess. They basically ripped of the massively superior Curve and sold a shitload of records on the back of it.

I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this,

and just look at the comments. :lol:

wiki"]

With regard to the group's significance to the development of 'alternative' rock and pop music, it has been claimed by both Curve aficionados and music writers that British/American grunge-pop band Garbage appropriated large portions of Curve's musical template, and constructed from it more 'mainstream' material, albeit with a certain 'edge' remaining. Toni Halliday has occasionally commented on the comparisons between both groups, stating at one point - in an interview conducted by Volume magazine in 1996 - that she could "see bits of Garbage in what we've done, just like we see bits of Sonic Youth or the Valentines or really any band that was doing something supposedly outside the norm. In a way it's very flattering to be tied in with [Garbage drummer and co-producer] Butch Vig, not just because he's a brilliant human being, but because he's a brilliant producer, and he's worked on some of our favourite records. But eventually Garbage are a pop band, and Curve were never a pop band."

I've had many a wank session regarding Shirley Manson and Gwen Stefani doing things to each other over the years... that said that Toni chick may well warrant a "deposit box" in the wank bank.

Too. Much. Info.

(but yes, Toni Halliday is cute.)

Â