Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Needs to be dropped for a game or two, his confidence is shot to pieces. He needs to re focus because theres a good defender in there somewhere. And lets not forget the 3-5-2 would make any defender vulnerable.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs to be dropped for a game or two, his confidence is shot to pieces. He needs to re focus because theres a good defender in there somewhere. And lets not forget the 3-5-2 would make any defender vulnerable.

I agree because I thought he had a shocker yesterday.  With him and Bennett on the left of the defence it is hardly surprising that we have leaked so many goals.  I would bring Baker in for West Ham because I don't think Clark will be able to handle Carroll.  Who to play left back is a toss of the coin job between Lichaj, Gordon and Shakin.  To be frank, none of them fill me with much optimism. 

Lichaj can actually defend, we don't need him to get fwd. Bennett to me still looks better as a midfielder as he can't defend.

Clark has to learn to not get so close to attackers, he is easily outmuscled and needs to bulk up, to me he just doesn't act or play like a centre back at all.

Needs to spend time in the gym, this guy.

Always has his arms around big forwards as well, just begging the ref to award a free kick against him. 

The coaches should be taking him aside and explaining to him what he's doing wrong, and how he should play.

If he keeps doing it, start Baker instead.

I rate Clark - but not as a defender. His speed sees him struggle and to compensate he sticks tight and grabs his opponent - as we saw for the first goal.

I know it's not his main position, but I think he's better suited to DM as he's usually comfortable on the ball and can play a pass well.

He got bossed yesterday, I think at times people can be a little to critical of him but he has been thrown in at the deep end, things havent quite worked out and now you can clearly see he has zero confidence. Needs to be dropped, hit the gym and learn of Vlaar. Sad that its come to relying on such in experienced lad at CB, and when things go wrong he gets slated.

He is not good enough..why cant people see this..

This 

He doesn't seem to do anything 'good' in a game. Now baker is also subject to dropping the odd clanger - but he does the odd excellent tackle, win more in the air.

The way it looks at the moment I don't see Clark being good enough in the championship.

Clark is shite!!! I've always thought that and absolutely nothing has changed. His positioning is terrible and he's too lightweight. He is not good enough to be playing week in week out in the premier league, especially in a side that is struggling down the bottom end. Awful defender! I'm not too keen on Baker either though and Vlaar isn't exactly brilliant so thanks to Lambert and the chuckle brothers we are lumbered with them regardless!

Â