Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not as quick minded or as good on the ball as Barry though. Doing a good job though and maybe be his full time position in the future?

Maybe he's not as quick thinking yet, but he's still learning the trade, I think he's gonna be a brilliant midfielder, give him 2 more seasons and there wont be any debates.

Son of Southgate.

Thats a decent comparison actually.

Pretty sure Southgate came to us known as a centre midfielder but Little played him at centre back in a back 3.

I think eventually Clark will find himself as a settled centre back but the experience of playing in a number of positions won't do him any harm. Similar to Phil Jones at Man Utd who has played centre back, centre mid and full back.

id like to see him develop more into a CB, playing other positions will surely help, as said, he might not be as quick thinking as barry yet, but give it time, i reckon he could even be better in due course

He's not as quick minded or as good on the ball as Barry though. Doing a good job though and maybe be his full time position in the future?

Maybe he's not as quick thinking yet, but he's still learning the trade, I think he's gonna be a brilliant midfielder, give him 2 more seasons and there wont be any debates.

You're right, Barry will still be better.

not sure why there is such a wave of Barry worship on her - Barry was never the best left back or the best CB, and it was only the last two or three seasons with us that he developed into the midfielder he is today (thanks to MON). Now not saying he isn't brilliant or wasn't brilliant, but he sure took his time reaching the level he is at now.

so the moral of this story is, be patient with Clark and eat your greens or something like that.

he should have started a lot more games, he would be even better by now.

He is Collins replacement and can also play DM if needs be.

To me with Cuellar, Dunne and Clark as a CB trio on rotation I have no issue with that.

I do have an issue with Hutton and Warnock as our only SB though. We need to change that fast.

We need Beye off the books, Collins off the books, maybe even Heskey.

Clark is now for me first team and so is Bannan and Albrighton.

Herd and Gardner need more games.

Unless we have any more players I have missed we need

SB x2

Midfielder x 1

Striker x1

I've always rated Clark. What a waste leaving him on the bench for nearly half of the season.
I agree. With Collins and Warnock having been both very poor all season, I can't understand how Clark hasn't displaced one of them in the team.

Â