Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't he on the bench against Wigan? And played in the reserves before that against Chelsea? If so I guess he's on his way back and given a little time he'll get his chance again and then it's only onwards and upwards.

clark for me has the potential to play for england. he looks a lot better than cahill did when he first came into the side

Bit tricky for an Irish international.

I think there is more of a young Gareth Barry about Ciaran than anyone, which is why

I am another that thinks he would make a good defensive CM.

I heard he was injured. Don't know if he still is. Definitely needs some playing time as I really rate him. Dare I say it, he's a once in a generation player. :lol:

In all seriousness, McLeish should be playing him.

In place of who though?

clark for me has the potential to play for england. he looks a lot better than cahill did when he first came into the side

I think there is more of a young Gareth Barry about Ciaran than anyone, which is why

I'd agree wth that. For me the Gareth Barry comparisons are clear

I was going to start a thread about this lad funnily enough as for me he is one youngster in our ranks who has the potential to make it and definitely needs to be playing

I'd agree wth that. For me the Gareth Barry comparisons are clear

I was going to start a thread about this lad funnily enough as for me he is one youngster in our ranks who has the potential to make it and definitely needs to be playing

*shock horror* I agree with Richard. He needs a run at DM, did okay there when told to last year.

I heard he was injured. Don't know if he still is. Definitely needs some playing time as I really rate him. Dare I say it, he's a once in a generation player. :lol:

In all seriousness, McLeish should be playing him.

In place of who though?

Collins.

I think there is more of a young Gareth Barry about Ciaran than anyone, which is why I am another that thinks he would make a good defensive CM.

I'd agree with that. For me the Gareth Barry comparisons are clear

... for me he is one youngster in our ranks who has the potential to make it and definitely needs to be playing

I don't see the first comparison at all. Nothing like GB IMO. Yes he's got a similar comfort on the ball - a calm demeanour in possession, but that's just a sign of a good footballer. He's (IMO) not got the same natural spatial awareness as GB, who has always been brilliant at knowing where to be in midfield, and CC's passing is not as good by a long way. He is though better defensively and much better in the air. Two good players, but quite different.

I do agree he needs to play games to continue to improve. Not every game, but this season he needs a run in the side. I guess he'll get one, too.

he has more technical ability than busquets
And you wonder why people mock your opinions on players when you come out with complete and utter tosh like that?

Granted, Busquets is no Xavi or Iniesta, but he's light years ahead of anyone in our squad in the technical ability department.

Â