Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Don't let Con get hold of this stat, but according to Opta Clark made 328 defensive clearances last year, more than any other player. It also came out to 11.3 per match. That's interesting, but I don't know how its calculated. 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get help from outside, I think Okore - Clark pairing should be given a chance. Vlaar seems to be the weak link.

I agree. Vlaar is too unpredictable. He goes in for silly challenges that he will likely lose. 

He was good.

I've no doubts this was because he wasn't up against a really physical centre forward and we were playing Arsenal not West Ham.

Once things go airborne and rough, Clark really struggles and it affects the rest of his game.

Girouds pretty physical actually

He's a strong chap, but Arsenal are not a physical team.

They play with the ball on the ground out in front of you, thankfully this will have helped Clark.

It's started to look as if Okore-Clark should be the partnership this season. Been impressed with Clark in his total of around 1.25 games so far, and didn't think Okore was that bad tonight either, especially considering he was thrown on for his debut away to Chelsea when we were 1-0 down. It would also be a left-right footed partnership too which would make the two more comfortable when playing together.

• 4 weeks later...

Hasn't put a foot wrong this season in an Ireland shirt either. Really seems to have upped his game for this year. Which is quite telling when you think that he has lost his place as a first choice player for both club (Okore) and country (Dunne now playing for QPR has got back in).

Â