Eric Lichaj

Rob182

I just hope we give him a real chance, not this one or two game bullshit. You can't base a player's skill on a couple of games. I hope we can give him a serious run of games and let him prove himself. If he can't do that, then you all could say he isn't Premier League quality. But until he is given a REAL chance with this club, don't say he isn't good enough.

So by that theory, I'm good enough for Prem unless I'm given a run of games to show otherwise.

Woooooopppp. :)

The manager won't give him a chance unless he's good enough.

Lichaj's game has come a long way in the past year and its a shame that so many people aren't willing to acknowledge that someone who we were writing off has shown that he will at worst become a championship player.

He is athletic, versatile, works hard and is good at defending. He isn't going to have MOTD moments but he can be a very good fullback for us

I'm happy to see Eric stick with the 1st team squad this season as backup and to see him start our cup games. I think he's the sort of bloke who will work his arse off to make it and, while he will probably never be on Man Utd's shopping list he strikes me as having a lot of improvement in him.

I just hope we give him a real chance, not this one or two game bullshit. You can't base a player's skill on a couple of games. I hope we can give him a serious run of games and let him prove himself. If he can't do that, then you all could say he isn't Premier League quality. But until he is given a REAL chance with this club, don't say he isn't good enough.

So by that theory, I'm good enough for Prem unless I'm given a run of games to show otherwise.

O come on. Fine i'll clarify a bit more. If you are currently under contract for an Premier League club and were given a few games in the top flight but you are still unproven, then I fully believe you'd deserve a shot at starting a few games. There :lol:

O come on. Fine i'll clarify a bit more. If you are currently under contract for an Premier League club and were given a few games in the top flight but you are still unproven, then I fully believe you'd deserve a shot at starting a few games. There :lol:

Disagree still, likes of Salifou didn't need a run of games to be told he wouldn't make it in the Prem. He doesn't deserve any games, he needs to earn the right to play regularly by impressing enough in the odd game he gets to play and training, if he doesn't then he will move on and it'll be clear without a run of games he weren't ever good enough which is I think what will happen.

I'd love to be eating my words because we could do with a right back for the future with L.Young coming to last 1/2 years and it'd save us a lot of money.

manager?? who?? Houllier's an idiot. Blame young player for one bad game. Why did nothing when Walker had some terrible performances.

Took Walker to feed rival's club. Nice job. Walker is overrated. He's a headless chicken chow and poor at back.

Lichaj played very well in Gold Cup. Chicharito didn't exist in Final.

Leeds rate him very high, so why not a chance. No more loans which block to play our youngsters

Leeds wants to sign Lichaj. McLeish please dont let us lose a young talent.

And United’s manager has not ruled out another bid to sign Aston Villa defender Eric Lichaj. The American youngster finished the 2010-11 term on loan at Elland Road and was one of the more successful signings made by Leeds. Lichaj appeared on both sides of defence and held a starting place for 16 consecutive games after joining from Villa in February, initially as a replacement for the injured Paul Connolly.

Grayson said: “Eric did really well last year and it could be an option if Aston Villa allow us to go down that route again. But the new manager (Villa’s Alex McLeish) might want to keep him there. “If we’re going to go with the loan scenario then I’d want the loans to be for the whole season. Then you know that you’ve got the player for that length of time. “But the problem is that most clubs are reluctant to let fringe players out too early, unless they’re really not figuring at all in pre-season.”

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_7023180,00.html

I like Lichaj except for City game i thought he was ok when i saw him. If i remember Gareth Bale the World's greatest ever player© (Sky) had little joy on Boxing Day and only set up Van Der Vaart goal after breaking down the Villa left in that game

Disagree still, likes of Salifou didn't need a run of games to be told he wouldn't make it in the Prem.

I'd disagree even further; Salifou didn't get a single start in the Prem, but proved himself to be a quite handy player in the handful of games he started in Europe. If he did get a run of games, either in the Prem or Championship, I have no doubt he'd prove himself a solid, if unspectacular, player.

In the Gold Cup he had a very nice run at Left fullback. In the final, when Churundolo was hurt, Lichaj was switched to the right and had a nightmare.... although, so did nearly everyone on the USA squad.

SIMON Grayson has held talks with Aston Villa over the availability of Eric Lichaj as he looks to break Leeds United’s transfer impasse before their pre-season friendly at Falkirk.

Grayson revealed that he had spoken to Villa manager Alex McLeish about a second deal with Lichaj after taking the defender on loan from the Birmingham club during the second half of last season.

Lichaj made 16 appearances for Leeds in a largely successful spell at Elland Road and Grayson, whose transfer dealings are under growing scrutiny, is waiting to learn of McLeish’s plans for the American international.

Grayson said: “I’ve spoken to Alex McLeish about him but they’ve only just gone back to training and Alex will want to assess his squad. But Eric’s high up on the list of players we’d like to bring in.”

United’s boss has been pursuing his preferred targets throughout the summer but the acquisition of only one new player to date – goalkeeper Paul Rachubka – has attracted criticism from the club’s support.

Leeds depart for their pre-season tour of Scotland tomorrow, with their first friendly due to take place against Falkirk on Wednesday night, and Grayson is hoping to see further deals materialise before that fixture.

“We’re a long way down the line with a couple of deals,” he said. “I’d like to think that we’ll have a couple of new players, if not more, for the Scotland trip.

“Like all the fans, we want something to be happening. Ideally I’d like to have all my players in place for the middle of next week but it doesn’t always happen like that.”

If Eck doesn't rate him i'd like to think we'd let him go to Leeds with a buy back option.. we made a mistake with Cahill, let's not make another.. I also think this is something we should do on all our youngsters (buy back clauses)

http://tinyurl.com/6lyaolu

• 1 month later...
Â