Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually be delighted now if KMac was given the job full time. Hopefully Houllier will decline the offer.
He might have a change of heart.

:crylaugh:

superb! :notworthy:

I would actually be delighted now if KMac was given the job full time

I still cannot fathom how some people are in favour of KMac getting the job when he repeatedly makes simple tactical errors.

Randy could line up Jose Mourinho with Sir Alex Ferguson as his assistant and STILL some people on here would whinge...

Fergie is getting on a bit for me PriceyDownunder. :lol:

He might have a change of heart.

Baz any health issues are in the past. :winkold:

Randy could line up Jose Mourinho with Sir Alex Ferguson as his assistant and STILL some people on here would whinge...FFS

dont be rediculous...

Yeah Pricey! Don't be ridiculous!

Why would we want that when it is clear for all to see that Fergie would be boss and the chosen one would be HIS assistant! :D

The reaction to Phil Thompson from some borders on the pathetic.

To be fair, people are perfectly entitled to think he's a clearing in the woods

He hasn't exactly been complimentary to our club over the years. Including the last few weeks

His loyalty is unquestionable......to liverpoo. Which is'nt putting the guy down, but I think theres considerable concern as to whether he would give his 'all' to the Villa.

Randy could line up Jose Mourinho with Sir Alex Ferguson as his assistant and STILL some people on here would whinge...FFS

Maybe but not in such numbers.

Sir Alex and Mourinho would win them over - where as Houllier won't IMO

Some sites are reporting that Houllier has only be offered until the end of the season - which would make it a little more bearable.

Maybe but not in such numbers.

Sir Alex and Mourinho would win them over - where as Houllier won't IMO

Some sites are reporting that Houllier has only be offered until the end of the season - which would make it a little more bearable.

If thats the case why not give the job to sven, at least he's been a football manager recently and proved at man city when he took over for a brief spell he's capable of steadying the ship.

Houllier wasn't my first choice, but I can't believe there are people who would prefer KMac over Houllier.

I fail to see how KMac warrants consideration for the job apart from being the cheap option

why would you want warnock to leave, when he shown the form to break into the england setup i bet you wasnt saying this.

To be honest with you Ash, I am not his biggest fan but no, I wouldn't want that.

My point was this. Would anyone really give a toss who is playing for us just as long as we finished in the top 4 and won a trophy or two? I know that you will always get someone on here who would moan that we didn't go on to score a 4th when we were 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go in the Champions League final etc but, overall, the majority of us wouldn't really give a toss.

So let me get this straight then. If Houllier and Thommo take over, the following is supposed to happen, according to some of the more "knowledgeable" folks on here:

Friedel will retire due to not liking the new management.

Warnock and Carew will either hand in transfer requests or be moved on because of the new management.

Heskey will be played on the wing but will score 20+ goals.

We will seemingly buy crap, foreign talent.

And, to top it all off, we will win 3 trophies and play CL football.

I have no idea why we would want that to happen to our club, I really don't! :lol:

And if Stan Staunton is part of the package Stephen Ireland will retire from club duty.

So let me get this straight then. If Houllier and Thommo take over, the following is supposed to happen, according to some of the more "knowledgeable" folks on here:

Friedel will retire due to not liking the new management.

Warnock and Carew will either hand in transfer requests or be moved on because of the new management.

Heskey will be played on the wing but will score 20+ goals.

We will seemingly buy crap, foreign talent.

And, to top it all off, we will win 3 trophies and play CL football.

I have no idea why we would want that to happen to our club, I really don't! :lol:

And if Stan Staunton is part of the package Stephen Ireland will retire from club duty.

IF El Reacho! The big word considering another poster claimed to have spoken with Staunton recently and he denied even speaking to the club.

Also, there is the argument that Ireland has only appeared twice this season and those were the only two games we have lost so far. Maybe that's it. Maybe Man City ensured Stephen Ireland joined us to be a secret agent, to f**k us up? :winkold:

^^^^

Some people have no sense of hunour do they !!!

On something someone said on the last page bout this may only be to the end of the season etc...

That would be HORRENDOUS !!!!

That would mean

No transfers in january ! - why would you give a guy x million when another manager may not want them in 4 months time (isnt that the reasoning this summer)

Then next summer, we go through all this again, and the same happens, no signings. The likes of Ash and Gabby would certainly get sick of waiting to see who we appoint and would be absolutely mad to sign contracts - thus we'd lose these for free to the likes of Man City etc..

We need continuity more than anything. A short term appointment would be suicidal, whoever it is, needs to be long term

could be a terrible decision with Houllier

He is 63 with medical issues.

He signed some shocking players at Liverpool

Hasnt managed in 3-4 years.

He signed Heskey for Liverpool

He got rid of Carew at his peak for Baros.

Friedel and Warnock reportedly had bad relations with Houllier.

I cant see this being very well thought out by Randy and Co.

The reaction to Phil Thompson from some borders on the pathetic.

To be fair, people are perfectly entitled to think he's a clearing in the woods

He hasn't exactly been complimentary to our club over the years. Including the last few weeks

People can think what they like. But it’s the superficial reasoning people are giving that is typical of the juvenile element of this site.