Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

GH had a policy of buying young French players when manager of Liverpool. France is a hotbed of youg talent, which makes GH's record of not being able to spot one of them all the more impressive. He didn't half buy some lemons, including Heskey, who I seem to recall GH fancied as a winger. Boring football, shit manager IMO. As for PT, well he's an annoying cock..and this is coming from someone who tends not to be bothered by personality issues usually.

Would you prefer him or MON? Just out of interest.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GH had a policy of buying young French players when manager of Liverpool. France is a hotbed of youg talent, which makes GH's record of not being able to spot one of them all the more impressive. He didn't half buy some lemons, including Heskey, who I seem to recall GH fancied as a winger. Boring football, shit manager IMO. As for PT, well he's an annoying cock..and this is coming from someone who tends not to be bothered by personality issues usually.

How can he be shit?

He won the treble

"waits for Bickster to post"

How can he be shit?

He won the treble

"waits for Bickster to post"

Ive heard his reasoning before. It doesnt add up to the GH being shit. How can he be. The man we wanted - maybe not, but hes not shit.

John Barnes is shit

Dave Bassett is shit

He also signed Hyypia and Henchoz for a combined 6M.

He signed Hamann, he signed Riise, he brought Gerrard and Carragher through.

Heskey was really good for Liverpool.

I wonder if we are waiting to see if England win on Tuesday and that makes another potential manager available for interview. :winkold:

I suspect that GH's wife still needs a little persuading on his taking the job or that he wants to bring his own man in rather than use KM as first team coach and Randy may be having a problem with that should GH make this a deal breaking issue.

I had thought we would have someone in place within 4 weeks but it seems this may run and run. Is this now the longest period during a season that we have gone without a permanent manager in place?

Would you prefer him or MON? Just out of interest.

MON shades it for me, as to who I think is better. I mean this Liverpool cup trebble is a bit flattering, he had a hefty budget at Liverpool. I recall some terrible football and no real sign of ever being a premiership threat. Which, for Liverpool is a bit of a failure.

The reaction to Phil Thompson from some borders on the pathetic.

To be fair, people are perfectly entitled to think he's a clearing in the woods

He hasn't exactly been complimentary to our club over the years. Including the last few weeks

Could in no way stomach Thompson at VP, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, sit down Pinnochio, please no for gods sake.

So let me get this straight then. If Houllier and Thommo take over, the following is supposed to happen, according to some of the more "knowledgeable" folks on here:

Friedel will retire due to not liking the new management.

Warnock and Carew will either hand in transfer requests or be moved on because of the new management.

Heskey will be played on the wing but will score 20+ goals.

We will seemingly buy crap, foreign talent.

And, to top it all off, we will win 3 trophies and play CL football.

I have no idea why we would want that to happen to our club, I really don't! :lol: