Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa fans need to get a **** grip. We arn't United, Houllier is a good manager for us. How many Spurs fans were happy with redknapp? O bet Villa fans wouldn't have been happy with Redknapp. Think liverpool fans are happy with Hodgson? he's a step down for them.

Let's face it, we're not a massive club outside of this country, we're not going to attract managers like klinsmann or hitszfeld, so get real for gods sake.

Stop getting on Houllier and randys back before anything has even happened. What happened to just supporting the team?

Oi, less of that 'commonsense' bullshit!

Randy is a prick, Houllier is shit and I am losing faith in football, etc.etc. wah wah wah!

Villa fans need to get a **** grip. We arn't United, Houllier is a good manager for us. How many Spurs fans were happy with redknapp? O bet Villa fans wouldn't have been happy with Redknapp. Think liverpool fans are happy with Hodgson? he's a step down for them.

Let's face it, we're not a massive club outside of this country, we're not going to attract managers like klinsmann or hitszfeld, so get real for gods sake.

Stop getting on Houllier and randys back before anything has even happened. What happened to just supporting the team?

Oi, less of that 'commonsense' bullshit!

Randy is a prick, Houllier is shit and I am losing faith in football, etc.etc. wah wah wah!

And to think people call gabby thick!

Ok whats happening.. The markets have disappeared from Paddy Power and SkyBet.

Gone.

It was like that on a few this morning Gaz.

Balls. I was about to cover my bet with a few quid on Moyes.

Rather than covering your bet I think you'd be throwing your money away.

Ok whats happening.. The markets have disappeared from Paddy Power and SkyBet.

Gone.

It was like that on a few this morning Gaz.

Balls. I was about to cover my bet with a few quid on Moyes.

Rather than covering your bet I think you'd be throwing your money away.

Gotta be worth it at 60/1? :)

The reaction to Phil Thompson from some borders on the pathetic.

To be fair, people are perfectly entitled to think he's a clearing in the woods

He hasn't exactly been complimentary to our club over the years. Including the last few weeks

Thompson says we overachieve, but guess which club is the fifth on the all-time Premier League table, only behind Manu, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool?

The other thing with Thompson I am very unsure of is his commitment.

I think it is obvious why he was succesful at Liverpool, coz he absolutely bled for the club. It is heart and soul and would crash cars into walls at 200mph for them.

Would he at Villa - or will he just be going through the motions.

Thats the worry for me.

Its swings and roundabouts, but I would take Staunton over Thompson to be honest. However, I'd take McInally (who has all his coaching badges) over both of them

Can you imagine Carew trying to cry off with a snivvle with Rambo standing over him !

Just commitment? You wouldn't be worried that he has been negative towards the club?

General's thread has been locked, what's going on?

He has decided not to post for a while.

Posted this about 30 mins ago:

General Krulak here:

1. Having spent a good deal of time trying to keep Fans up to date on the current situation at the Club...and having many of my comments end up in the Press (normally out of context or simply misquoted and wrong)...and having some on the site either 1) not believe me or 2) continue to say the same things after being provided the best facts I can give, I have decided to drop off this site until things have settled down a bit. It is unfair to the Club to have me misquoted in the paper...and it is unfair to the Fans. As I have said all along, Randy will do the best he can to get the "right" man for the job. There is not much more I can say.

Whilst I think that is the right decision I have to ask does that just apply to this site or all Villa sites?