Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would the appointment of Steve Staunton in any capacity say about this club and our ambitions?

It's more Staunton isn't getting it and is gutted not to be involved sorry for misleading people . This bit hasn't come from Villa but I hear Stan is gutted thought he was nailed on .

What would the appointment of Steve Staunton in any capacity say about this club and our ambitions?

It's more Staunton isn't getting it and is gutted not to be involved sorry for misleading people . This bit hasn't come from Villa but I hear Stan is gutted thought he was nailed on .

Oh dear, what a pity , nevermind

s this the infamous "viper" scandal? Or did he mention another word that posters seemed to dislike?

His thread had a purpose Chindie. Admittadly a lot of issues went through Nicky Keye, but there were also a lot of suggestions and complaints that Randy then passed on to whoever needed to know.

I was thinking more along the lines of his rather petulant outburst that suggested if we sold some more tickets we'd be more successful. Uncalled for in my view.

Yes it had a purpose but some of it was so minor and didn't really need a board member doing it. The fact he's now buggered off because of a rather naive overlooking of what his comments might become in an open forum with media sniffing, and, imo, because the backlash is something he's not keen on from this month long shambles (he's never taken criticism that well imo), suggests that the purpose of the thread is over, and the minor benefit underneath all the other rubbish is perhaps not worthwhile.

Perhaps a variant of the idea, with less of a board member and instead a liason, that has no link to the top level and only provides a place for critiques of ticketing/ground/match day experience might be more worthwhile?

Could be worthwhile but I don't see the point in changing what already works well.

The fact of the matter is that the General can't tell us who the manager will be/ can't tell us who we're interviewing (though he has hinted at that) and can't tell us the ins and outs of why MON left. But people kept asking and asking.

The thread just went round and round in circles, with more posts everytime a newspaper "article" came to light.

General's thread is more than just a place for critique on ticketing/ ground/ matchday experience.

He's also given us updates on injured players, if we think something should be updated on the Official Site, suggestions of ways the club could market themselves better and questions on the general running of the club and a few intricate details that some of us find interesting.

General's thread has never been a problem until the last month when he should have probably said "I'll come back when the managerial situation is resolved". I hope he does this in the future.

well thank fook for that,i think i'd cry if he got a job at the club.

Asides from which, they shouldn't do that anyway. The thread shouldn't be heavily censored, the General shouldn't be protected from the rough and only get the smooth.

that depends on how the rough is presented,

if it's

Not too happy about person X being interviewed for the position, it will be very bad for the club if that happens

fair enough

if it's

General, Randy is letting the club go down the swanny interviewing X, it will be a disgrace if he is appointed and he should sell the club to someone who gives a shit

should be removed and posted to Jeremy Kyle.

Exactly - not asking for heavy censorship only that obvious lunatics and idiots are weeded out.

That we obviously haven't got any!

Come on Richard just because you and i think it would be a bloody naff idea doesn't mean they do or that it will actually be.

Are you trying to peddle some type of Randy and Co dont give a shit mentality?

Because that makes no sense to me.

Just because we haven't got millions and millions doesn't mean we haven't got the ambition!