Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Only rumours...

:shock:

I would like to think that Phil Brown being interviewed was only rumours? Have I missed something tonight?

This is just something that someone, allegedly ITK, stated on 606 this morning. Not seen any links though.

If anything this gives more creedence to the Moyes rumours.

Monday - Houllier interviewed

Tuesday - Moyes interviewed

Wednesday - Curbishley interviewed

Thursday - Sven & KM interviewed

Friday - Announcement

Come on RL - do the right thing. Go get Moyes.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only rumours...

I would like to think that Phil Brown being interviewed was only rumours? Have I missed something tonight?

No, I was just surprised you were defending Villa by saying it was rumours and not joining in the '**** shit, we are getting Brown, Curbishley, we are dooooooooooooooooooooomed'.....etc..etc.. :winkold:

I'd **** top myself it it were Phil Brown or Alan Curbishley. Despite his many foibles, MON was a very good manager for us. He should be the benchmark for us, not the upper limit.

Moyes I'd be happy with, but let's be honest, he's very, very similar to MON in many ways.

I'm kinda hoping for a manager with a 'purist' footballing philosophy. Call me naive, but I'm ready for a bit of sexy football at Villa, even if it isn't going to be particularly successful (I don't think we would be regardless of our style of play). Essentially I'm going against everything I stood for in the past and want a flashy foreign manager. Meh.

Only rumours...

This is just something that someone, allegedly ITK, stated on 606 this morning. Not seen any links though.

If anything this gives more creedence to the Moyes rumours.

Monday - Houllier interviewed

Tuesday - Moyes interviewed

Wednesday - Curbishley interviewed

Thursday - Sven & KM interviewed

Friday - Announcement

Come on RL - do the right thing. Go get Moyes.

Well that's already bollocks as you can't interview a manager without a clubs permission and if we had approached Everton there is no way it'd have been kept quiet.

I'd **** top myself it it were Phil Brown or Alan Curbishley. Despite his many foibles, MON was a very good manager for us. He should be the benchmark for us, not the upper limit.

Moyes I'd be happy with, but let's be honest, he's very, very similar to MON in many ways.

I'm kinda hoping for a manager with a 'purist' footballing philosophy. Call me naive, but I'm ready for a bit of sexy football at Villa, even if it isn't going to be particularly successful (I don't think we would be regardless of our style of play). Essentially I'm going against everything I stood for in the past and want a flashy foreign manager. Meh.

Add Sven to this equation and I agree with this (though I wouldn't go as far as topping myself).

This

I really can't believe people still think it's anyone other than Kevin MacDonald.

We leave it three weeks to see if he wants the job. He then publicly announces he wants job. OS highlight this fact. Players all clamour for him to be signed. Very easy (and cheap!) for Lerner to appoint him. It's a done deal.

BUT don't make that obvious to the public. Look like you're going through the options, look like you're exploring every avenue. Pretend you would have had money for transfers if the transfer window hadn't been closed on announcement of new manager. Finally leave it at least a few days/ week until after transfer window has closed to try to dampen down any suggestions of previous comment.

I'll quite happily eat my words but I'm convinced this is the case. Villa want to reduce the wage bill.... mmm, very lucky inexperienced guy desperate for a job in the top division or someone like Sven who may demand a reasonably high wage.... tricky....

I really can't believe people still think it's anyone other than Kevin MacDonald.

We leave it three weeks to see if he wants the job. He then publicly announces he wants job. OS highlight this fact. Players all clamour for him to be signed. Very easy (and cheap!) for Lerner to appoint him. It's a done deal.

BUT don't make that obvious to the public. Look like you're going through the options, look like you're exploring every avenue. Pretend you would have had money for transfers if the transfer window hadn't been closed on announcement of new manager. Finally leave it at least a few days/ week until after transfer window has closed to try to dampen down any suggestions of previous comment.

I'll quite happily eat my words but I'm convinced this is the case. Villa want to reduce the wage bill.... mmm, very lucky inexperienced guy desperate for a job in the top division or someone like Sven who may demand a reasonably high wage.... tricky....

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Interesting words.

On the names we've heard so far, I'd be headed for the hemp fandango sharpish too - universally, it seems, the realistic ones are either spectacularly shite, or monumentally and perhaps fatally flawed in one way or another. Or in the particular case of Sven, with the added twist of just being incredibly unsavoury.

I'd like a manager that could instill a bit of flare, or get the pulse racing, but on the bottom line I just want someone good.

I don't think we're going to get someone 'good'. I'll be very surprised if we do.

That's really deflating.

Surely RL will look at the investment slightly differently to that of the players. He should not look to penny pinch on the most important decision of his tenure.

Who's to say that we have not been given permission to speak to Moyes? Unlikely but just because it is not in the press does not mean it definitely hasn't happened. What if the sudden surge in betting for Moyes was because someone knew that we had permission to speak to him?

All very far fetched but currently no more far fetched than interviews for Curbishley, Houllier, Brown etc.

Too many pessimistic people are hoping that we get Brown or Southgate or Mowbray just to moan.

What if RL actually shocked us with an appointment that the majority of the fans actually want?