Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Duno why anyone is advocating Curbishley!

Not great football, something levelled at MON. Has a horrible second half of season record, same as MON, something MON was constantly criticised for. His signings were overpriced and outrageous wage wise, Boa Morte, Dyer, Upson all for big money all with a questionable injury history and all served to totally **** up West Hams finances with their huge wages and lack of impact. How much was Freddie Llungberg on for god sake. Is any of this sounding familiar?

He is basically an Aldi's version of O'Neill without the character and enthusiasm. No thank you. In fact, **** right off.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duno why anyone is advocating Curbishley!

Not great football, something levelled at MON. Has a horrible second half of season record, same as MON, something MON was constantly criticised for. His signings were overpriced and outrageous wage wise, Boa Morte, Dyer, Upson all for big money all with a questionable injury history and all served to totally **** up West Hams finances with their huge wages and lack of impact. How much was Freddie Llungberg on for god sake.

He is basically an Aldi's version of O'Neill without the character and enthusiasm. No thank you. In fact, **** right off.

Are you undecided on Curbs then? :)

Which suggests, if true, that we are only looking at 'out of work' managers because you can't really interview someone without agreeing compo with current club (which I'm sure would have been leaked somewhere).

I thought the general had effectively said this earlier today by saying that they wouldn't poach other club's managers?

That's why he is leaving it down to Randy?...he don't like the idea of managers leaving other clubs to come to ours because it doesn't really show they're loyal, but it doesn't stopping us from talking to those people and seeing what visions they have and why they would want the managers job at AV.

I'm really not sure how it works, but it looks like you need the said clubs permission to do so.

Don't really understand why we have this wage bill issue. As I understand it our wages are supposed to be higher than Spuds (by £10m) and Everton (by £20m) although I can't find figures to support this.

dont understand this how can we have ahigher wage bill tehn spurs? there squad is huge. and we struggle to even name 25 players. dont believe we have a higher wage bill for a second

I'm starting to warm to Alan Curbishley a little. Don't think he'd be a bad appointment.

Worked with low budgets before, and signed some good players in his time at Charlton and West Ham.

I sure don't want him, he would be a terrible appointment.

I Personally think he'd be a fairly good appointment in terms of the end footballing result, but the damage it would do to morale and the reaction of the underwhelmed fans could undermine any progress.

We would go backwards with him in charge; he is also very negative in the style of football he represents. If the club want to progress, which I'm sure it does, we need someone who has the experience of being successful.

This whole "holier than thou" thing the general has said about "I would not want a manager who would just up and leave his club" is frankly.....well.....bollox. How do we get players then? Since we value loyalty so much shouldnt we only be looking for free transfers and youth players? I understand the sentiment but this is a dog eat dog trade, and the nice guys usually end up mid-table or last!

This whole "holier than thou" thing the general has said about "I would not want a manager who would just up and leave his club" is frankly.....well.....bollox. How do we get players then? Since we value loyalty so much shouldnt we only be looking for free transfers and youth players? I understand the sentiment but this is a dog eat dog trade, and the nice guys usually end up mid-table or last!

You're right about not wanting a manager at another club, but a player at another club is fine.

Also you'll find that most good managers will already be in work.

What fecking chance to strengthen?

Did I miss us having a manager or something? or would you want the owner or caretaker to speculate on someone the new manager wouldn't want?

I wonder if the new manager would have wanted Milner or Ireland? The lack of a manager didn't stop us from completing that bit of business did it?

So let me get this straight, after years of investment Randy Lerner is suddenly Doug Ellis II and doesn't want to spend any money. He started a rumour on the last days of the transfer window to keep us fans excited and busy to mask the fact that he's not going to buy anyone because he's a stingy bastard?

If that's the case then why wasn't K Mac announced as manager this morning?

So let me get this straight, after years of investment Randy Lerner is suddenly Doug Ellis II and doesn't want to spend any money. He started a rumour on the last days of the transfer window to keep us fans excited and busy to mask the fact that he's not going to buy anyone because he's a stingy bastard?

If that's the case then why wasn't K Mac announced as manager this morning?

Of course he started the rumour, didn't you see those quotes from him... :lol: