Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The same article says that they have been interviewing candidates for a few days, including today. Curbishley is the only name they have mentioned so far.

We knew Curbishley was being interviewed so nothing has changed. I doubt very much that RL & PF have been interviewing Curbishley for 3 days.

Maybe RL & PF have prioritised who they want and will slowly go through each candidate to try and get them as manager. Nobody knows where Curbishley fits on that list.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, not to panic anyone, but it fits in with the General stating he'd be away Tuesday, Wednesday "on business".

But this could be to interview a number of candidates. Just because it is in the Mirror does not make it true.

Curbishley is the only candidate we know about so far. Today & yesterday it was KM as favourite. Friday it could be Sven or Moyes again. This really means nothing at the moment.

It's not even on Wikipedia yet. :winkold:

some people really do spout a lot of pure rubbish. Hopefully RL will do the right thing for his investment, employ a good candidate, but if no one is stronger than Ronald, then give it to Macca on a rolling 12 months . If someone great comes up, grab them.

but Macca with Sven as director of football works for me.

I really don't think Curbishley will be too bad.

He's untested at this level so why not see what he can do?

He wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't complain to the board about it.

Any manager Randy appoints will be succesful. It's hard not to with Randy as chairman.

A lot of panicking over a Mirror article. I can't remember the last time a Mirror article was accurate.

Absolutely this, I think it is bollocks. Maybe MM can fill us in, cannot see him being the top man, although I do have a Mirror article somewhere, given to me (as I do not read it!) from 2 weeks back telling me Bob Bradley will take over after the Newcastle game... so...

You can just imagine the excitement amongst the lads at Bodymoor tomorrow

Alan Curbishley is a well respected and sought after manager with a track record of exciting and winning football

How he never got offered the job before i'll never know. He shines charisma and positiveness out of his arse like a beacon

My order of preference of candiates mentioned

David Moyes

Mark Hughes

Alan Cubishley

Sven Goran Eriksson

Ronald Koeman

Kevin MacDonald

Phil Brown

Gareth Saouthgate

Mine ...

David Moyes

Mark Hughes