Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

[

Like it or not - Lerner sold and bought players without a manager at the club. Pity he wasn't so hands on up to the deadline yesterday.

We're in the wrong thread for this, and you're clearly very aggravated so won't take this on board, but I'll try anyway.

Before MON resigned, (I'm told it was the day before the Valencia friendly but I can't confirm that) Lerner entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Man City for the sale of Milner in exchange for money and Stephen Ireland.

It was a contract which, to all intents and purposes, bound us to selling Milner regardless of flood, pestilence and manager resignation. Backing out of that contract had a hefty penalty clause attached to it and would have cost millions.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curbishly doesn't fit the bill of someone who could be in it for the long term imo. He's never managed a big club so to expect him to take one into the CL (if that is the aim) is a big ask.

like someone said earlier if we were someone like wigan happy to hit 40 points every season and stay in the premiership curbishley would be a great signing. If lerner has ambitions for us to be a top 4 club he will get us a decent manager capable of doing this. Curbishley is not capable imo

where does this 40 points then relax thing come from with Curbishley? there is only so far he could have taken Charlton, took over west ham with them in relegation trouble and won 7 of the last 9 including beating Arsenal and Man U then next season resigned with 6 out of 9, had a win % of 40.85 at West Ham

TAFKATM had a % of 42.11 with our good club, not a huge difference

Also shows loyalty from his past ventures

Erm, if we were conducting talks with Moyes, do you honestly believe they'd be held in a hotel/bistro in Liverpool ?

More like a garden shed in Droitwich

You know Liverpool well then do you?

Said Bistro has a private dining area that can be hired for meetings.

What restaurant is it?

60 Hope Street - although I now have reason to believe it may have been 40 Hope Street (The Boutique Hotel)

where does this 40 points then relax thing come from with Curbishley? there is only so far he could have taken Charlton, took over west ham with them in relegation trouble and won 7 of the last 9 including beating Arsenal and Man U then next season resigned with 6 out of 9, had a win % of 40.85 at West Ham

TAFKATM had a % of 42.11 with our good club, not a huge difference

Also shows loyalty from his past ventures

Curbs is alright.

The 40 points then give up thing is because every year his Charlton teams would be in the top six (massively overachieving) at New Year and then would ease off in Jan and not win a game again all season (ok, over the top, but you know what I mean). It was a joke everyone cracked every year.

Only rumours...

:shock:

I would like to think that Phil Brown being interviewed was only rumours? Have I missed something tonight?

they asked him about it on some football programme the other day too, think it was MOTD2, i nearly got sick