Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't sound like a man who thinks he's got a shot at the job to me.

Aston Villa caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald will recommend Villa’s rising young stars to the next boss if he fails to get the permanent job, reports the Birmingham Mail.

MacDonald has given first team opportunities to Marc Albrighton, Ciaran Clark, Barry Bannan and Jonathan Hogg during his temporary reign.

Now that he has thrown his hat into the ring, MacDonald would relish the chance to work with his claret and blue protégés on a long-term basis.

“I’m sure all of the applicants are of a very high standard and will have been looking at how Aston Villa have been playing.

“I think they would know themselves what those players are like.

“Of course if they were to ask me I would give them the information and hopefully a few of them would be round the squad.

“There are a lot of talented young players in and around the first team squad and I obviously think very highly of them.

“How far they go in the game is down to the individuals themselves, but I would certainly recommend them.”

What fecking chance to strengthen?

Did I miss us having a manager or something? or would you want the owner or caretaker to speculate on someone the new manager wouldn't want?

I wonder if the new manager would have wanted Milner or Ireland? The lack of a manager didn't stop us from completing that bit of business did it?

Milner had made it perfectly clear he wanted out regardless. Mon originally wanted Ireland and Cittee wanted him out. No Ireland=no deal=one pissed off Jimmy=unhappy dressing room

Total bullshit. Jimmy would have got his head down and given 100% for the team without causing trouble. The money offered for him was too good for the board to turn down.

Erm, if we were conducting talks with Moyes, do you honestly believe they'd be held in a hotel/bistro in Liverpool ?

More like a garden shed in Droitwich

You know Liverpool well then do you?

Said Bistro has a private dining area that can be hired for meetings.

What restaurant is it?

I'm starting to warm to Alan Curbishley a little. Don't think he'd be a bad appointment.

Worked with low budgets before, and signed some good players in his time at Charlton and West Ham.

Has been interviewed according to Dave Woodhall on H&V.

Should be good for a few pages on here condemning Randy for a lack of ambition if true.

I'm starting to warm to Alan Curbishley a little. Don't think he'd be a bad appointment.

Worked with low budgets before, and signed some good players in his time at Charlton and West Ham.

Should be good for a few pages on here condemning Randy for a lack of ambition if true.

I hope that isn't true, I really do not want him at this football club.

Didnt curbishley sign Dyer Boa Morte and Ljungberg on long term contracts for rediculous wages even though they were injury prone im sure he signed that faubert who was rubbish and lucas neill on rediculous wages?

Didnt curbishley sign Dyer Boa Morte and Ljungberg on long term contracts for rediculous wages even though they were injury prone im sure he signed that faubert who was rubbish and lucas neill on rediculous wages?

i think that silly egg head owner that they had let that happen though,they where giving money away at that time.

We'd never be relegated under Curbishley.

Equally we'd give up everu season once we hit 40 points.

Can't see it being him thankfully though.

Shame you can't say the same of most of the other candidates that we've heard of.

What fecking chance to strengthen?

Did I miss us having a manager or something? or would you want the owner or caretaker to speculate on someone the new manager wouldn't want?

I wonder if the new manager would have wanted Milner or Ireland? The lack of a manager didn't stop us from completing that bit of business did it?

Milner had made it perfectly clear he wanted out regardless. Mon originally wanted Ireland and Cittee wanted him out. No Ireland=no deal=one pissed off Jimmy=unhappy dressing room

I don't for one minute think Milner would have caused any problems in the dressing room if he didn't get his move. I believe he would have knuckled down and got on with the job.

Like it or not - Lerner sold and bought players without a manager at the club. Pity he wasn't so hands on up to the deadline yesterday.

i think that silly egg head owner that they had let that happen though,they where giving money away at that time.

If he couldnt do a decent job with egghead's millions at west ham what makes him think that he can do a job at Avfc when the coffers are almost empty no thanks.

Curbishley interview? Hmmmm. I'm more interested, if this meeting took place, who met with Curbs.

If it was with RL, then my pulse gets a bit twitchy. If it was anybody else, then it was a "thanks for your interest, we'll meet with you just to make sure we were right to dismiss your application as soon as it landed on our desks".

And part of me thinks that this is a bit of deliberate disinformation.

I personally don't think Curbishley would be a bad appointment at all, I seem to remember his Charlton team playing nice football and from reading his wiki page he never really did anything wrong at either club hence never being sacked, he was interviewed for the England job 4 years ago along with TAFKATM, at West Ham he took over with them certain for relegation and got seven wins out of their last nine games, beating Blackburn, Everton, Bolton, Wigan, Arsenal, Middlesbrough and a last-day 1–0 win at Manchester United, to keep West Ham in the Premier League.

Then resigned over not having final say on transfers with 6 out of 9 the next Season.

I'm also pretty sure Charlton didn't really finish out of the top 10 while he was there on there tiny budget

So why all the bad vibes about Curbs???