Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to be a party pooper but i really don't see Martin Jol wanting t ocome to villa, I mean why would he ?? He's seems to have joined a team on the up, there probably going to make the champion leagues groups and he already seems to have a the backing by the club or be it not much money to spend. What has he got to look forward to coming to villa?? No money, best players leaving , players being swapped without no clear indication who sactioned it , selling before buying ordealing with overpaid wasters seeing out there contracts. I hope i'm very wrong i really do but the rest of the dire we have been linked to is shocking.. I wasn't that impressed with Martin. I can remember my brother visiting from Turkey and suggesting he wouldn't be surprised if he took off a midfielder and brought on Guzan as well as fridel and telling him to share half the goals. It's time i feel to get behind Kevin and seeing what he has up his sleve.... I'm off to have £20 on him being manager till at least the end of the season, win lose or draw.

Funny that. Just been on that newspapers website with a translator and cannot find that exact quote from Jol anywhere whatsoever. Even when I search Jol, it brings up other articles, including the draw with Kiev, and articles linking him to Villa. There is no article that I can find on that website that has those quotes.

Goal.com talking bullshit as usual. *Yawn*.

About to post this also.

I think Martin Jol has committed to Ajax after the flirtation with Fulham and has now apparently been offered some proper resources to steer the CL campaign (incidentally they drew away to Spartak Moscow tonight so are in the group stage unless they **** up royally at home). I can't see why he would change his mind now, even though many fans would clearly love to see him here.

I'm not so sure myself - his record in the Premier League isn't exactly great, even though he had some crazy stuff to deal with at Spurs. (Who's to say he wouldn't have to deal with some of that at Villa?)

Whatever, I just can't see him coming unless we offer him bagloads of money for himself and to spend on the team. Can we do that?

If Kev Mac can get the team really consistent and firing then that January transfer window would look good, imo, with the cash we have from the Milner deal. The CL group stages are generally done in December so maybe we can pick up a quality player or two who has been knocked out of the CL in January to help really push us on to 4th or better the second half of the season.

I do think that aside from money (and yes it's a big motivator) most highly hyper competetive people such as professional athletes want to win. If Villa can manage the winning part during this first half then better players will give us a sniff even with Kev Mac in charge and maybe because Kev Mac's in charge. When there is contentment at a football club word spreads to other players that there's a good thing going.

I'll support who ever Randy and the Board appoints but I'm all for seeing what Kev Mac can do between now and January.

On BBC football gossip pages, there are some direct quotes attributed to Ajax finance director that if club don't make it to group stage of the Champions League, the likes of Suarez, Van der Wiel, etc etc, will definitely be sold as they have lost 35m euros on Van Basten's crap buys......can't see Mr Jol being too impressed if that happens.....

Don't want to be a party pooper but i really don't see Martin Jol wanting t ocome to villa, I mean why would he ??

Mate, he tried everything he could to get away and join Fulham. I think therefore he would run 500 miles to join Villa if we showed an interest.

I'd say we can get Jol at some point so we keep Kev Mac until we can. This is a transitional year anyway, we just need to keep what's left of our key players here and clear some room and money for new signings when Jol takes over.

Ronald Koeman is really really really shit and I don't want him anywhere near my precious Villa. He is one of the worse coaches ever. Trust me, I'm Dutch.

Are you Freddie in disguise? Are you Freddie in disguise? Booooouma Booooouma :lol:

For those who don't remember, Koeman is the man who should have been sent off for Holland when they prevented us from qualifying for the 1994 World Cup. He got a yellow card and then scored the free kick that knocked us out in the qualifying stages :(

It cost Graham Taylor is job, although he probably would have been sacked anyway!

Don't want to be a party pooper but i really don't see Martin Jol wanting t ocome to villa, I mean why would he ??

Mate, he tried everything he could to get away and join Fulham. I think therefore he would run 500 miles to join Villa if we showed an interest.

Everything he could? Did he resign then?

If Kev Mac can get the team really consistent and firing then that January transfer window would look good, imo, with the cash we have from the Milner deal. The CL group stages are generally done in December so maybe we can pick up a quality player or two who has been knocked out of the CL in January to help really push us on to 4th or better the second half of the season.

I do think that aside from money (and yes it's a big motivator) most highly hyper competetive people such as professional athletes want to win. If Villa can manage the winning part during this first half then better players will give us a sniff even with Kev Mac in charge and maybe because Kev Mac's in charge. When there is contentment at a football club word spreads to other players that there's a good thing going.

I'll support who ever Randy and the Board appoints but I'm all for seeing what Kev Mac can do between now and January.

Have to agree with this.

Give it to K-Mac until at least the next transfer window. It gives Randy the time to see how he does and it also means we keep the money in the bank and see where we're at in January.

Who knows, maybe Ajax will be knocked out of the CL by then and Jol does become available? Along with Suarez and a couple of others that he might wish to bring along with him :winkold: