Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Love the people saying Kev Mac's not experienced enough, we should get Jol.

It's only a couple of years since Spurs decided Jol wasnt experienced enough, and they should get shot for Ramos.

Football's a funny old game.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronald Koeman is shite i seriously hope we dont go for him look at his past record... he had something like an 18% win rate with Valencia he did well in holland but who wouldnt not exactly the best league in the world id say the premiership is 3 times better.

Don't want to be a party pooper but i really don't see Martin Jol wanting t ocome to villa, I mean why would he ??

Mate, he tried everything he could to get away and join Fulham. I think therefore he would run 500 miles to join Villa if we showed an interest.

Everything he could? Did he resign then?

Jol never wanted to join Fulham. He played hard ball with management to try get money for transfers. Similar to MON and Villa but MON lost the battle while Jol won

Ronald Koeman is really really really shit and I don't want him anywhere near my precious Villa. He is one of the worse coaches ever. Trust me, I'm Dutch.

Are you Freddie in disguise? Are you Freddie in disguise? Booooouma Booooouma :lol:

For those who don't remember, Koeman is the man who should have been sent off for Holland when they prevented us from qualifying for the 1994 World Cup. He got a yellow card and then scored the free kick that knocked us out in the qualifying stages :(

It cost Graham Taylor is job, although he probably would have been sacked anyway!

Did he not also claim to be too good to play for villa after we allegedly went after him in the mid 90's

Maybe a call to mourinho asking who would be the next up a coming manager you would fear might bear some fruit.

This is a stupid idea. Mourinho actually rates DOL as a top manager :lol:

That's what DOL says anyway. He also reckons Capello rates him and he's regularly offered some massive jobs which he turns down. What an arrogant word removed.

I'd say we can get Jol at some point so we keep Kev Mac until we can. This is a transitional year anyway, we just need to keep what's left of our key players here and clear some room and money for new signings when Jol takes over.

Seems to be becoming almost accepted - why ?

We can't afford a transition year (stagnation) and we have the platform to push on.

We need the best possible Manager we can get - and that canot possibly be our untried reserve team Coach.

Incredibly some people are saying "lets see after another 2 games" - what the hell does that tell you one way or the other !!!

Either people want him (wrongly in my view, but fair enough)) or they don't ( I really don't), but to say he stands or falls over a 2-3 game period is just ludicrous.

No to Koeman, would prefer MacDonald. Fresh blood needs injecting into the PL, it's stagnant with the same old names and has beens. Koeman has his name and that's all his got. Would rather give KM some time, there's no rush we are not relegation material. He might suprise he might bomb, but worth a gamble. If he is good we may have a manager who might just be with us for some time, we need some stability and consistancy. All the Koemans and Eriksons never last they just move on. Kevin MacDonald please Randy, 6 month trial see how he goes.

Easy. Give Kev Mac the job until next summer, if he's done well and wants to continue then great, if not give it to Jol.

Ronald Koeman can stay the f*ck away and never set foot in Birmingham. Probably the worst candidate for the job apart from the fat Argentinian. Would rather have Bob, Sven or even Curbs if I'm being perfectly honest.

No to Koeman, would prefer MacDonald. Fresh blood needs injecting into the PL, it's stagnant with the same old names and has beens. Koeman has his name and that's all his got. Would rather give KM some time, there's no rush we are not relegation material. He might suprise he might bomb, but worth a gamble. If he is good we may have a manager who might just be with us for some time, we need some stability and consistancy. All the Koemans and Eriksons never last they just move on. Kevin MacDonald please Randy, 6 month trial see how he goes.

Again, I'd love to know why we have suddenly become so unambitious.

No rush ?? - why not ?

Not relegation material - is that the limit of our ambition at the moment ?

We can't afford this mentality - we need to be desparately trying to move on, not suddenly accepting 'transition years' and 'no rush'.

Whats got into everybody ?? :?

Ronald Koeman

"I'm interested in the position of manager from Villa," he told NOS. "I know that I'm on their list.

"I don't know how many more candidates are on that list. But I haven't had contact yet with Villa."

So you know that your on the list of candidates...yet you havnt been contacted by the club?!?!

Of course Ronald...

Koeman is interested...

Dutch legend Ronald Koeman has confirmed he is interested in succeeding Martin O'Neill as manager of Aston Villa.

The former Valencia, PSV, Benfica, Ajax and Vitesse boss is currently out of work after being sacked by AZ Alkmaar last December.

The 47-year-old has an impressive CV as a manager after winning three Eredivisie titles while also claiming the Copa del Rey during his time in Spain.

He enjoyed a glittering career as a player and many England fans will remember him for not seeing red for a professional foul on David Platt before going on to score in a 2-0 win for Holland in a 1994 World Cup qualifier.

Koeman brings an impressive record to Villa's table, although he has not heard from owner Randy Lerner regarding succeeding the Ulsterman.

"I'm interested in the position of manager from Villa," he told NOS. "I know that I'm on their list.

"I don't know how many more candidates are on that list. But I haven't had contact yet with Villa."

USA coach Bob Bradley and Sven-Goran Eriksson are thought to be among the favourites for the post while former Argentina boss Diego Maradona has reportedly expressed an interest.

Caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald did his own no chances of a permanent appointment no harm with a 3-0 opening-day win over West Ham on Saturday.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6319520/Koeman-keen-on-vacant-Villa-post

Again, I'd love to know why we have suddenly become so unambitious.

No rush ?? - why not ?

Not relegation material - is that the limit of our ambition at the moment ?

We can't afford this mentality - we need to be desparately trying to move on, not suddenly accepting 'transition years' and 'no rush'.

Whats got into everybody ?? :?

Im with you on this.

But i still think Macca is the one 8)