Barry Bannan

villianusa

That's what i want though. Official. I don't want generous stats. It makes him look better than he really is.

Not necessarily. Their generous method applies to all players. Westwood is given 7 rather than 6.

Whereas on the official stat it's Westwood 6 - 1 Bannan, on the FPL count it's Westwood 7 - 3 Bannan. I think the latter score is a much fairer reflection of Bannan's influence this season.

Don't you ever get bored of spouting such shit?

Con, bearing in mind Scotland are currently sitting 78th in the world rankings, why do you think Bannan isn't in the squad?It's fair to say you rate him, so if he's so good, why are uncapped players getting in ahead of him?

You can't use lack of football as an answer as you previously said Bannan has played over 1,700 minutes of football.

Earlier in the thread we decided Bannan's on about 12k, which last we checked, was probably the lowest of our midfielders. He's offered us great value this season.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I actually think there is something in Bannan, I've seen him play some very good football.  Unfortunately I've seen him play more shit football, and he is well down the pecking order now, due to his own shortcomings.

Delph / Westwood / Sylla > Bannan 

FPL counts an assist if you are fouled in the box to win a penalty that is scored, and presumably also if you are fouled to win a direct free kick that is also scored. There's a reason other stat sites don't count that as an assist.

Bannan's not in Scotland squad 1. because he's not playing first team football 2. because Scotland have depth in midfield.

We haven't scored from a free kick this season.

I'm guessing the FPL site counts Bannan's shot off the post against Reading that Agbonlahor converted, the official assist for Clark at Newcastle, and one other possibly from a cross that hit a defender first before landing at striker who converted.

Bannan's not in Scotland squad 1. because he's not playing first team football 2. because Scotland have depth in midfield.

I'm guessing the FPL site counts Bannan's shot off the post against Reading that Agbonlahor converted, the official assist for Clark at Newcastle, and one other possibly from a cross that hit a defender first before landing at striker who converted.

You mean other than the one N'Zogbia scored v West Ham?

Bannan has 1 assist.

I shouted really loud just before Benteke scored one of his goals and I'm sure that shout distracted the defender, so I'm claiming an assist.  That has just as much justification as I also contributed  :D

Oh come on now. Do you even watch our games?

nzogbiafreekick.gif

Edited by Daniel

You mean other than the one N'Zogbia scored v West Ham?

Bannan has 1 assist.

Vlaars goal was from a bennett free kick also

nzogbiafreekick.gif

How did I forget? Great goal. Thanks for posting. Bannan didn't play that game so that wasn't his assist.

nzogbiafreekick.gif

I love how ineffective our attempt to roll the wall is, and how Clark just waves his arms around and does a pirouette.

nzogbiafreekick.gif

I love how ineffective our attempt to roll the wall is, and how Clark just waves his arms around and does a pirouette.

I love how ineffective your argument is in defending Bannan. Honestly. You've stooped to new lows in criticising a set piece we actually scored from! Bet you wouldn't be saying that if Bannan had scored the free kick.

nzogbiafreekick.gif

nzogbiafreekick.gif

How did I forget? Great goal. Thanks for posting. Bannan didn't play that game so that wasn't his assist.

imagine how good his points-per-game average would be had he played. put him right up there with the likes of richard chaplow

Bannan is a luxury we cannot afford in our squad. His defensive frailty means he needs to be creating a whole lot more than he has been to be considered before the likes of Westwood, Delph, Sylla, KEA, Holman and even Gardener.

He has had ample opportunity. I think a move away is his best bet - and ours.

That's what i want though. Official. I don't want generous stats. It makes him look better than he really is.

Not necessarily. Their generous method applies to all players. Westwood is given 7 rather than 6.

Whereas on the official stat it's Westwood 6 - 1 Bannan, on the FPL count it's Westwood 7 - 3 Bannan. I think the latter score is a much fairer reflection of Bannan's influence this season.

Because it suits your argument a bit more?