Barry Bannan

villianusa

I don't know who you think you are coming on here slandering me and then calling me hypocritical in some sort of twisted attempt in trying to defend your indefensible position. Have you gone through all of my posts before slandering me? No. Has there been any discussion in other drink drivers players threads about attitudes? No. What's your point? You don't even know.

The definition of hypocrisy is looking at stats and nothing else to judge Bannan, though when Westwood wins us the game against Norwich with a ball which Bannan could only deliver in his dreams not looking at the stats and claim that he failed to dictate the midfield. As if Bannan has ever done that?! FFS - you are the king of hypocrisy.

Probability does come in to the instagram post when you mention the word "probably" funnily enough. I'd put £10k backing the instagram being real. Would you do the same for it being fake? I doubt it... I would win a lot more money in this situation than I would lose that's for sure... which would make it probable that it is real.

You evidently know a lot about Villa players, all these twit pics and things about Instagram. You must know other/s who have drink driving run ins with law. So why don't you pick on players other than Bannan for drink driving? Why only Bannan? Since you have such strong, negative opinions on Bannan's future career, and since you have made Bannan's drink driving an issue, this is a fair question to ask you. 

I don't know who you think you are coming on here slandering me and then calling me hypocritical in some sort of twisted attempt in trying to defend your indefensible position. Have you gone through all of my posts before slandering me? No. Has there been any discussion in other drink drivers players threads about attitudes? No. What's your point? You don't even know.

The definition of hypocrisy is looking at stats and nothing else to judge Bannan, though when Westwood wins us the game against Norwich with a ball which Bannan could only deliver in his dreams not looking at the stats and claim that he failed to dictate the midfield. As if Bannan has ever done that?! FFS - you are the king of hypocrisy.

Probability does come in to the instagram post when you mention the word "probably" funnily enough. I'd put £10k backing the instagram being real. Would you do the same for it being fake? I doubt it... I would win a lot more money in this situation than I would lose that's for sure... which would make it probable that it is real.

You evidently know a lot about Villa players, all these twit pics and things about Instagram. You must know other/s who have drink driving run ins with law. So why don't you pick on players other than Bannan for drink driving? Why only Bannan? Since you have such strong, negative opinions on Bannan's future career, and since you have made Bannan's drink driving an issue, this is a fair question to ask you. 

As I have already stated once, have you gone through my posts to check? I think anyone who drink drives is a irresponsible selfish little prick. However, I haven't mentioned his offence in this thread until the topic got onto the subject of his attitude. How exactly is this being hypocritical? It isn't. At all.

It would seem that talking about this offence has hit a nerve with you as you are overly defensive about it. This only adds to the speculation that you are in one way or another associated with Bannan.

As I have already stated once, have you gone through my posts to check? I think anyone who drink drives is a irresponsible selfish little prick. However, I haven't mentioned his offence in this thread until the topic got onto the subject of his attitude. How exactly is this being hypocritical? It isn't. At all.

It would seem that talking about this offence has hit a nerve with you as you are overly defensive about it. This only adds to the speculation that you are in one way or another associated with Bannan.

You are not currently making it an issue with one player in the team. If drink driving is such a negative point as it is for Bannan, then I'm surprised you are not arguing for this player to be dropped.

I have no association with Bannan whatever.

Not Scottish.

Not an agent.

Not extended family.

Not an in-law.

Not a friend - don't live anywhere near Birmingham.

You are not currently making it an issue with one player in the team. If drink driving is such a negative point as it is for Bannan, then I'm surprised you are not arguing for this player to be dropped.

I didn't ask for Bannan to be dropped after he was caught drink driving. It would be hypocritical of me to then make a point of it for any other player.

My position on this is that a footballer should be judged about what they do on a football pitch... not their personal life. The drink driving offence was bought up, for the first time by me, as an indication to Bannan's attitude and about how selfish he is and as such might not take a paycut to drop down into the Championship.

For the first time? You're always going on about it. Unless I'm confusing you with a Bannan basher very similar, it is your favourite subject about Bannan. 

We are all selfish. Bannan made a mistake drink driving. I don't think you can say he is any more selfish than you, me or any other players on that one event alone.

Using it to bash him and not using similar cases to bash other players is low.

I've not mentioned the drink driving once in relation to wanting him out of the club... you are confusing me with one of the other thousand people that want Bannan out.

I'm not saying whether he is more selfish than me you or the queen... all I am saying is that his attitude, selfishness being part of that, may stop him from dropping down a level. **** me you're blowing this out of every proportion possible... no wonder this thread is 283 pages long.

However, let's keep things in perspective here... being hypocritical on a forum over two players isn't really worth fretting about. 

For the record drink driving is a **** retarded thing to do and can not be defended in any circumstances.

For the record drink driving is a **** retarded thing to do and can not be defended in any circumstances.

It is only worth mentioning in one thread though, right? 

I'm not mentioning drink driving in any thread.

Rather concentrate on the football, where possible, especially as the club has dealt with the matter and the player appears to have responded with a good attitude.

What instagram post? Anyone still have it?

There was no post. Just part of what an anonymous person claimed to be a screenshot. Bannan's instagram account is private. Nobody from the public has access to it.

And you should know, eh Baz?

I do think a lot of people are overly critical of Bannan. He's no where near as bad as some of you are making out. I think that the fact that Con is making him out to be a much better player than he is making people say he's worse than he is. Why aren't people calling for Herd, Ireland, Albrighton, Licahj(sp) etc to be sold? They're all about the same level. Bannan hasn't done anything to warrant the criticism he gets, all he's done is try to win games for us, is that such a crime? 

This thread is about Bannan. If you look in the Albrighton and Ireland threads you will see PLENTY of people calling for them to be sold. You won't see it here because it's about Bannan. Lichaj's out of contract in the summer. Herd, I don't even know if he has a thread. I'd keep him around as backup personally (and LIchaj).

I think Con's heat maps and stats "proving" that Bannan is the best Crosser of the Ball in Europe is what's generated such a big reaction from other posters in the other direction. Bannan is average. Nothing more, nothing less. It tickles me a little bit that a player so undeniably average can have a 280-page thread dedicated to him.

No, I obviously do not expect those players mentioned in here. What I'm referring too is that the same people are continuously saying how much they want Bannan to go over and over and over again. This thread keeps on getting bumped with people saying he's shit (even when he's not playing). My point is, why aren't all the other players' threads doing this too? I just don't understand why everyone is so desperate for him to go. He's not as bad as some of you are making out at all. 

The difference between this thread and the Stephen Ireland thread is that everyone's pretty much in agreement that Ireland should go. There's no one in the Ireland thread insisting that he is the best crosser of the ball in the Premier League and Lambert's failure to give him game time is going to relegate us. It's claims like that about Bannan, and other poster's reactions to those claims, that keeps this thread more active than the others.

I'm not "insisting" anything, just pointing out what the widely available statistics show. I'm not being exteme in saying that, it's just what the statistics show. I've made my criticisms of Bannan.

I've admitted I was wrong to say this Bannan bashing was relegating us. We weren't relegated. We didn't need him for those final games.

I wonder whether any one of the bashers is prepared to credit Bannan for helping us avoid relegation, since he participated in the run-in, with wins against QPR and Reading?

I've asked before and the answer is no. Bannan cannot be credited with anything. That is an extreme view.

What's the point of that? A soft-drink.

You going to post a video of any other Villa players drinking soft drinks? That post is simply a troll and nothing else.

Edit: so you've edited the post and just providing a link to it instead. Riiiight. That's much less like a troll.

Edited by Con