Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan's not in Scotland squad 1. because he's not playing first team football 2. because Scotland have depth in midfield.

We haven't scored from a free kick this season.

I'm guessing the FPL site counts Bannan's shot off the post against Reading that Agbonlahor converted, the official assist for Clark at Newcastle, and one other possibly from a cross that hit a defender first before landing at striker who converted.

Oh come on now. Do you even watch our games?

nzogbiafreekick.gif

I love how ineffective our attempt to roll the wall is, and how Clark just waves his arms around and does a pirouette.

I'm sure if Bannan had done what Clark did you'd say he was pointing to the top right corner and telling N'Zogbia where to put the ball.

You'd probably chalk it up as an assist too. After all, "generous" stats are apparently better than real stats.

• Like 1

Bannan's not in Scotland squad 1. because he's not playing first team football 2. because Scotland have depth in midfield.

We haven't scored from a free kick this season.

I'm guessing the FPL site counts Bannan's shot off the post against Reading that Agbonlahor converted, the official assist for Clark at Newcastle, and one other possibly from a cross that hit a defender first before landing at striker who converted.

Oh come on now. Do you even watch our games?

nzogbiafreekick.gif

I love how ineffective our attempt to roll the wall is, and how Clark just waves his arms around and does a pirouette.

I'm sure if Bannan had done what Clark did you'd say he was pointing to the top right corner and telling N'Zogbia where to put the ball.

You'd probably chalk it up as an assist too. After all, "generous" stats are apparently better than real stats.

Like I said around the time it happened. The only person who really contributed to that free kick was Westwood. More than N'Zogbia.

On an unrelated note, is that Clattenburg? Look how he's stood? He looks like he fancied the free kick himself

I think that was the moment he'd realised he'd forgot his horse.

• Like 1

I do think a lot of people are overly critical of Bannan. He's no where near as bad as some of you are making out. I think that the fact that Con is making him out to be a much better player than he is making people say he's worse than he is. Why aren't people calling for Herd, Ireland, Albrighton, Licahj(sp) etc to be sold? They're all about the same level. Bannan hasn't done anything to warrant the criticism he gets, all he's done is try to win games for us, is that such a crime? 

This thread is about Bannan. If you look in the Albrighton and Ireland threads you will see PLENTY of people calling for them to be sold. You won't see it here because it's about Bannan. Lichaj's out of contract in the summer. Herd, I don't even know if he has a thread. I'd keep him around as backup personally (and LIchaj).

I think Con's heat maps and stats "proving" that Bannan is the best Crosser of the Ball in Europe is what's generated such a big reaction from other posters in the other direction. Bannan is average. Nothing more, nothing less. It tickles me a little bit that a player so undeniably average can have a 280-page thread dedicated to him.

No, I obviously do not expect those players mentioned in here. What I'm referring too is that the same people are continuously saying how much they want Bannan to go over and over and over again. This thread keeps on getting bumped with people saying he's shit (even when he's not playing). My point is, why aren't all the other players' threads doing this too? I just don't understand why everyone is so desperate for him to go. He's not as bad as some of you are making out at all. 

I fear that he is probably on higher wages than Championship sides can afford and as such may be a waster until next summer. After all he is only "me me me me me me me" and so I doubt would take a pay cut.

Why is he all about himself? What makes you say that?

Sorry, but that's just bollocks. Whenever i've seen him play he's played as part of a team. He does play with confidence yes, but that's a good thing. I really don't know where you get that opinion from. 

I do think a lot of people are overly critical of Bannan. He's no where near as bad as some of you are making out. I think that the fact that Con is making him out to be a much better player than he is making people say he's worse than he is. Why aren't people calling for Herd, Ireland, Albrighton, Licahj(sp) etc to be sold? They're all about the same level. Bannan hasn't done anything to warrant the criticism he gets, all he's done is try to win games for us, is that such a crime? 

This thread is about Bannan. If you look in the Albrighton and Ireland threads you will see PLENTY of people calling for them to be sold. You won't see it here because it's about Bannan. Lichaj's out of contract in the summer. Herd, I don't even know if he has a thread. I'd keep him around as backup personally (and LIchaj).

I think Con's heat maps and stats "proving" that Bannan is the best Crosser of the Ball in Europe is what's generated such a big reaction from other posters in the other direction. Bannan is average. Nothing more, nothing less. It tickles me a little bit that a player so undeniably average can have a 280-page thread dedicated to him.

No, I obviously do not expect those players mentioned in here. What I'm referring too is that the same people are continuously saying how much they want Bannan to go over and over and over again. This thread keeps on getting bumped with people saying he's shit (even when he's not playing). My point is, why aren't all the other players' threads doing this too?

Because Con keeps coming back? Not sure, just throwing it in.

I fear that he is probably on higher wages than Championship sides can afford and as such may be a waster until next summer. After all he is only "me me me me me me me" and so I doubt would take a pay cut.

Why is he all about himself? What makes you say that?

Sorry, but that's just bollocks. Whenever i've seen him play he's played as part of a team. He does play with confidence yes, but that's a good thing. I really don't know where you get that opinion from. 

His attitude stinks as per his drink driving history, his poor disciplinary record at Blackpool and his instagram posts. He clearly threw a big wobbly after the Liverpool game as per his instagram post. He hasn't been seen since and even though it was clearly in the interests of the team his reaction to it was unnecessary. He has fallen foul of Lambert so much that he only appears on the bench when other midfielders are injured.

From this I think it is safe to conclude that he has an attitude problem.

I don't understand how you can come to a conclusion about his attitude from his performances on the pitch as he will obviously appear to be a team player as he is meant to be a creative midfielder - and they tend to pass a lot to their team mates.......

His attitude stinks as per his drink driving history, his poor disciplinary record at Blackpool and his instagram posts. He clearly threw a big wobbly after the Liverpool game as per his instagram post. He hasn't been seen since and even though it was clearly in the interests of the team his reaction to it was unnecessary. He has fallen foul of Lambert so much that he only appears on the bench when other midfielders are injured.

I don't understand how you can come to a conclusion about his attitude from his performances on the pitch as he will obviously appear to be a team player as he is meant to be a creative midfielder - and they tend to pass a lot to their team mates.......

If you look at the wikipedia pages of various Villa players you will find Bannan is not the only one with a drink drive history. Where are your holier than thou pronouncements in the other threads? Hypocritical to mention in one not the other/s.

The instagram post has not been proven to be real. Nobody knows what he's instagram page looks like, it's private. It's easy to photoshop. Bannan appeared on the bench after it supposedly happened when people on here were saying he would be dropped entirely. Didn't happen. The instagram post was probably fake.

On the pitch he gives his all and has been describe by Westwood in the press as a "battler."

You are over-reaching in your criticisms of him.

If you look at the wikipedia pages of various Villa players you will find Bannan is not the only one with a drink drive history. Where are your holier than thou pronouncements in the other threads? Hypocritical to mention in one not the other/s.

The instagram post has not been proven to be real. Nobody knows what he's instagram page looks like, it's private. It's easy to photoshop. Bannan appeared on the bench after it supposedly happened when people on here were saying he would be dropped entirely. Didn't happen. The instagram post was probably fake.

On the pitch he gives his all and has been describe by Westwood in the press as a "battler."

You are over-reaching in your criticisms of him.

What did the policemen say when Bannan's reason for drink driving, crashing and then leaving the scene of an accident was "other people have done it so it's alright innit"? Pretty pathetic excuse don't you think? It's a shame you have steeped so low to go to his defence. I'm sure the family of the kids killed by the Plymouth goalkeeper a few years ago find such excuses honourable also.  :rolleyes:

You say the instagram is probably fake, though the reality is that the probability of it being true is WELL over the 50% "probable" threshold. Let's look at the facts:

1. Bannan's last performance for Villa was against Liverpool; he put Suarez clean through on goal twice, gave away the ball multiple times, did not play a single decent ball forward, was hauled off after 60 minutes which was the culmination of a number of dreadful performances from him prior to the game
  2. His contract ends next summer and there have been no mentions of even beginning to enter contract negotiations with him
  3. Someone who sits in the directors box at VP spoke to Bannan who said his relationship with Lambert has broken down and he will be leaving in the summer

All this happened around the same time as the instagram post. You'd be naive to believe that the instagram post is PROBABLY not real.

You're no fool Con, but the drool you keep posting on this thread is incredibly foolish.

What did the policemen say when Bannan's reason for drink driving, crashing and then leaving the scene of an accident was "other people have done it so it's alright innit"? Pretty pathetic excuse don't you think? It's a shame you have steeped so low to go to his defence. I'm sure the family of the kids killed by the Plymouth goalkeeper a few years ago find such excuses honourable also.  :rolleyes:

You say the instagram is probably fake, though the reality is that the probability of it being true is WELL over the 50% "probable" threshold. Let's look at the facts:

1. Bannan's last performance for Villa was against Liverpool; he put Suarez clean through on goal twice, gave away the ball multiple times, did not play a single decent ball forward, was hauled off after 60 minutes which was the culmination of a number of dreadful performances from him prior to the game
  2. His contract ends next summer and there have been no mentions of even beginning to enter contract negotiations with him
  3. Someone who sits in the directors box at VP spoke to Bannan who said his relationship with Lambert has broken down and he will be leaving in the summer

All this happened around the same time as the instagram post. You'd be naive to believe that the instagram post is PROBABLY not real.

You're no fool Con, but the drool you keep posting on this thread is incredibly foolish.

Made no comment whatsoever on the drink driving. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of you making it an issue in this thread and not the other/s.

Instagram post is either true or not true, there is no percentage involved.  Some people want it to be true so they have another reason to Bannan bash. Bannan was bashed before the supposed Instagram post, so the theory is that someone invented it to give Bannan bashers more of what they like.

There are people that cynical on the Internet - think of all the fake player twitter accounts, and you immediately believe a graphic posted by someone completely anonymous because the content appeals to your preconceptions - which we have already established can be hypocritical?

Made no comment whatsoever on the drink driving. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of you making it an issue in this thread and not the other/s.

Instagram post is either true or not true, there is no percentage involved.  Some people want it to be true so they have another reason to Bannan bash. Bannan was bashed before the supposed Instagram post, so the theory is that someone invented it to give Bannan bashers more of what they like.

There are people that cynical on the Internet - think of all the fake player twitter accounts, and you immediately believe a graphic posted by someone completely anonymous because the content appeals to your preconceptions - which we have already established can be hypocritical?

I don't know who you think you are coming on here slandering me and then calling me hypocritical in some sort of twisted attempt in trying to defend your indefensible position. Have you gone through all of my posts before slandering me? No. Has there been any discussion in other drink drivers players threads about attitudes? No. What's your point? You don't even know.

The definition of hypocrisy is looking at stats and nothing else to judge Bannan, though when Westwood wins us the game against Norwich with a ball which Bannan could only deliver in his dreams not looking at the stats and claim that he failed to dictate the midfield. As if Bannan has ever done that?! FFS - you are the king of hypocrisy.

Probability does come in to the instagram post when you mention the word "probably" funnily enough. I'd put £10k backing the instagram being real. Would you do the same for it being fake? I doubt it... I would win a lot more money in this situation than I would lose that's for sure... which would make it probable that it is real.

What instagram post? Anyone still have it?

There was no post. Just part of what an anonymous person claimed to be a screenshot. Bannan's instagram account is private. Nobody from the public has access to it.