Barry Bannan

villianusa

I'll be a little saddened if he leaves. I don't think we should all be happy when products of our own academy don't make it. That's a bit tragic if you ask me. 

Nothing would have made me happier than for Bannan to make it so the only tragic thing here is that it took us 5 years until we worked out he couldn't cut it, culminating in a near relegation.

Edited by AstonMartin82

No, it's a good pass. Bannan has the ability to get a good pass, no doubt. He's not as shite as so many tries to make out. But he's not good enough for us. He's too one dimensional and MON was probably right that he's too small. My guess is that he'll find his level in the championship and thrive there.

Too small? Xavi is 5ft7, so is Mata, Messi, Allen (hey, he had one good season) etc

His failures have nothing to do with his size, like Albrighton he just hasn't made that extra step up that's required of Premier League footballers.

Well, ok, too small without being talented enough to make up for it. It really isn't fair to compare him to Mata, Xavi and the worlds best player atm, is it? What I mean is, He's not the least talented football player in the league, far from it. But there are other less talented players that make up for their lack of talent with other things. Like being really fast or being really big and strong. And I didn't mean that size is the only problem he's got, but if he was bigger and was as skilled as he is he'd probably fit in better.

ib0wYAdKR46qe1.gif

This gif proves what he'll be doing next year. Playing good passes through Championship midfields. I have no doubt he'll be a good Championship player, but miles behind our current midfielders.

No, it's a good pass. Bannan has the ability to get a good pass, no doubt. He's not as shite as so many tries to make out. But he's not good enough for us. He's too one dimensional and MON was probably right that he's too small. My guess is that he'll find his level in the championship and thrive there.

You realise that Bannan is the first pass, not the harder and better second pass in the clip? It's a straight forward ball that any professional player could make with their eyes closed. The second pass however is quality. Though it isn't Bannan's.

The first pass is Delph, the second pass is Bannan's.

ib0wYAdKR46qe1.gif

You realise that Bannan is the first pass, not the harder and better second pass in the clip? It's a straight forward ball that any professional player could make with their eyes closed. The second pass however is quality. Though it isn't Bannan's.

The first pass is Delph, the second pass is Bannan's.

ib0wYAdKR46qe1.gif

Second and third passes then... you know what I mean.

And the clip doesn't prove anything... though at least you recognise he will be signing for a Championship club now and not a Champions League one.

Huh, IMO the 2nd one is the easiest. That's "just" to get it past one player who's right in front of you. Good to spot it, though. The first pass is finding its way past two players and is about 30 yards or something. Ok, not the absolute hardest pass ever, but still a good pass. And it's in front of the player which helps him keep up the speed. Like the 2nd one is. All too often our players hit the pass straight at or even behind the recieving player which makes the game lose pace. But that's for another discussion. Anyway it's not the best pass he's ever hit. The best one I can remember and that resulted in something was his pass to Albrighton against fulham that Albrighton brilliantly controlled and then cut inside to score with his left foot. We were all thinking higher of the two back then.

But I won't cry if we sell him, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Absolute nonsense. As usual.

Bannan's pass is the longest. Straight down the middle, on the floor, easy for N'Zogbia to control, with the perfect pace to dissect the defenders. That goal originates from Bannan's pass.

The other two passes are simple 10 yarders. N'Zogbia's went through a defender's legs - wow.  

ib0wYAdKR46qe1.gif

This gif proves what he'll be doing next year. Playing good passes through Championship midfields. I have no doubt he'll be a good Championship player, but miles behind our current midfielders.

Well, at least most fo them, but this.

Which game was that? I can't remember. :(

I personally think it was a good pass. The likes of Dean Whitehead, for example, would never in a million years be able to do that.

That said, if that's the best pass Bannan's ever made no wonder he's seemingly heading for the Championship.

Since when was MON right about anything?

MON held Bannan back at a crucial stage in his development.

Nonsense. MON saw the same in Bannan as Houllier, McLeish, Strachan, Lambert and Levein saw in him. Nothing.

ib0wYAdKR46qe1.gif

This is the one that you said was "defence splitting"

Despite the fact it's received in front of the defence, so doesn't split them in any way shape or form.

I could have made that pass. With my left foot.

Absolute nonsense. As usual.

the perfect pace to dissect the defenders. 

It doesn't dissect the defenders. N'Zogbia receives it in front of the defence.

HIS pass does, however.