Barry Bannan

villianusa

With regard to us controlling the midfield yesterday. Fulham were poor, they were there for the taking and we really didn't show our normal intensity. Maybe that was down to agbonlahor not playing because Bowery offered nothing from an offensive point.

I think all three could play together. I wouldn't drop Westwood as I think he's our most consistent midfield player.

Except when he isn't, like against Fulham. Ineffective.

Without Bannan on the bench, no fear of competition either.

Yes I agree its very strange that he wasn't even on the bench. I can understand the reasoning against Stoke. I also think if Bannan had of scored that own goal and that woeful shot that Delph did yesterday he would have been made this scapegoat on this forum.

Delph had a very good game up to that point, making driving runs, keeping the back protected. If he does a Bannan and offers nothing and yet makes that mistake, then I will mention it.

The blame lies more with the person in charge of setting up set pieces and putting Delph there..

Edited by dodgyknees

With regard to us controlling the midfield yesterday. Fulham were poor, they were there for the taking and we really didn't show our normal intensity. Maybe that was down to agbonlahor not playing because Bowery offered nothing from an offensive point.

I think it has more to do with playing at Villa Park. They seem under pressure, and you can actually see the crowds anxiety getting to the players. Inexperience perhaps. Still confident we will stay up though.

I think all three could play together. I wouldn't drop Westwood as I think he's our most consistent midfield player.

Yes I agree its very strange that he wasn't even on the bench. I can understand the reasoning against Stoke. I also think if Bannan had of scored that own goal and that woeful shot that Delph did yesterday he would have been made this scapegoat on this forum.

Delph had a very good game up to that point, making driving runs, keeping the back protected. If he does a Bannan and offers nothing and yet makes that mistake, then I will mention it.

The blame lies more with the person in charge of setting up set pieces and putting Delph there..

Yes I agree Delph played well  and has improved a lot this season. If he can bring some composure to his game then we have a top midfield player,  unfortunately we keep making mistakes that is costing us big time. I don't agree Bannan offers nothing.  I think he's a good little player with a lot of skill and a good range of passing, but I think he has felt the pressure himself.

If he had scored the goal and cleared one off the line and we had drawn, he would have been made the scapegoat.

Sunderland winning against Newcastle. Back in the relegation zone we go. The non-Bannan experiment is a failure. 

If he had scored the goal and cleared one off the line and we had drawn, he would have been made the scapegoat.

Sunderland winning against Newcastle. Back in the relegation zone we go. The non-Bannan experiment is a failure.

well the Bannan experiment is also a failure because we've basically been in the same position all season

Bannan has started 15 out of 33 games and has the most wins of any of our players, including scalps of Liverpool and - yes - Sunderland. He has helped us earn draws against teams like Arsenal and in the team that got close against Man Utd. Most importantly he has helped us win our 'winnable' games.

He's 1# on the corner accuracy and crossing accuracy charts (two different calculations), so if you are Barry Bannan you think you have had a successful season.

"Why aren't I playing more?"

The Bannan hatred is relegating Villa.

:lol: :lol:

I really don't think Lambert gives a shit what fans think about the players. Bannan isn't playing because Lambert obviously doesnt rate him, because quite frankly, he's done very little to prove himself. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I think it is becoming pathetic now, we need to move on from Con's attempts to troll. I'm removing myself from this thread and think it might be time for others to do the same, ignore those who are just on the wind up.

• Like 2

I think it is becoming pathetic now, we need to move on from Con's attempts to troll. I'm removing myself from this thread and think it might be time for others to do the same, ignore those who are just on the wind up.

Aye, was just thinking the same as I was writing my latest post. Over and out. 

yeah I was thinking the same for myself it's just becoming tiresome.