Barry Bannan

villianusa

I think there is something to hold on to in Bannan. His crossing ability is neither here nor there in this formation, but he needs to provide more in an attacking sense than he does. The only stat that counts for Bannan is assists and he simply hasn't provided enough. How much of that is his fault or tactical, I'm not sure at the moment.

In this new version of the website is there any way of blocking peoples posts from appearing?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/8790-blocking/#entry919639

Haha - wicked.

Is it only coincidence that I asked about this on the very same day that DodgyKnees has also? It would seem that a few people are getting fed up with a certain posters ignorant ways.

I should be able to enjoy VillaTalk a bit more now that 90% of the ridiculous posts have been blocked. :)

The Bannan hatred is relegating Villa.

tumblr_m0t3s5wFIc1qblj9eo1_500.gif

Brilliant.

I just can't believe that the poster that shall not be named actually thinks that VillaTalk pick the starting eleven... isn't it just possible that Lambert dropped this pathetic excuse of a footballer because of his awful performances rather than checking in on VillaTalk before naming the team?

Such a windup.

I will be very thankful to have been blocked by dodgyknees. His posts have become increasingly shrill. I try to keep mine fair and balanced. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Apart from your bias towards Bannan? Hmm?

i can honestly say that ive never read such nasty remarks to other forum users than this forum, although still actually remaining the best villa chat forum available

arent people allowed to express their own opinions on here? o they really have to follow the flock with everything? god forbid anybody should have a different opinion on here they get hung

i for one want to read everyones comments to offer different opinions, ive actually had opinions of mine changed by reading others views :)

i can honestly say that ive never read such nasty remarks to other forum users than this forum, although still actually remaining the best villa chat forum available

arent people allowed to express their own opinions on here? o they really have to follow the flock with everything? god forbid anybody should have a different opinion on here they get hung

i for one want to read everyones comments to offer different opinions, ive actually had opinions of mine changed by reading others views :)

I agree Andy. Its expected on football forums though! I think everybodys views should be respected. Not everyone thinks Bannan is rubbish. I prefer to show more leniency towards home grown players than expensive signings from other clubs on big salarys.

well paul, i value and respect your opinion, however my view slightly differs :) as i feel that although our kids are performing well, as kids, in the youth set up, and have done for many seasons, when it comes to breaking through, our expectations are knocked back, i dont think all that break through are up to it

Sadly...most football fans don't understand the game.

We are better with Bannan on the pitch not an opinion but for a fact.

Well, that's not true is it. The stats are already been shown to be extremely biased in Bannan's favour. I;m not going into the nitty gritty again because it's boring. But when Con is challenged on this he just repeats his 'best crosser blah blah' nonsense and doesn't address why people are skeptical of the stats. This is the reason Con is being ridiculed. Also he ridiculous posting for effect saying 'not playing Bannan with relegate us'. Obviously this is posting for a reaction and eventually people became wise to it and stopped replying, and low and behold, Con stopped posting.

I'm not intentionally advocating poster on poster when the majority of contributors to this thread are accused of being 'sheep' and not knowing anything about football, then I feel like it's important to develop a little context.

OT: I didn't always dislike Bannan; I've defended him when people who sit round me at VP slagged him off but he's had his chances. Our midfield looks better without him IN MY OPINION, but wait, it's a FACT according to you? So my OPINION is wrong?

ah cmon, only a few weeks ago we all came to the conclusion that stats can mean everything and nothing, and can be interpreted to mean whatever the poster wants without actually stating anything worthwhile

then bannan suddenly becomes a goal scoring midfielder, then he can be taken seriously

ironic thing is Con is actually right in what he says...the stats back him up and you can't argue with facts I'm afraid. 

Anyone who knows about football can see we are better with him on the pitch. Sadly...most football fans don't understand the game.

Don't think I've ever come across a post which I could disagree with more. 

Did you know you have more fingers than the average person in the world? That my friend is a fact which can't be argued. Pretty **** misleading though isn't it?

The stat showing Bannan is the best crosser in the Premiership is just as misleading. It includes crosses which aren't crosses and corners (which I think we can all agree on are rubbish... probably the only team in the PL not to have scored from one this season). You keep wandering through the world though blindfolded and believing any stat that comes your way even though you don't understand the basis of them.

Edited by OutByEaster?

No one has said people can't express their opinions.

Con has every right to claim that Bannan is as good as he thinks he is. The rest of us have every right to declare that opinion as ludicrous.

He has the right to his opinion, we have the right to our opinion.