Barry Bannan

villianusa

It's 99% probable that a combination of Bannan being an absolutely shit footballer and his attitude being absolutely shit, an example being the instagram post, as to why he is nowhere near the first team anymore.

Lambert is a clever man.

Edited by VillaLi0n

Con mate, I just do not understand which Villa games you have been watching. He is in no way whatsoever a creative player and his set pieces are the polar opposite to accurate.

I do agree with your second point here though. I think something has happened, and it wouldn't surprise me if Lambert tried to get rid in the summer. Good riddance I say.

Your assessment of the player is affected by the fact you don't like him. You don't become the best crosser in the PL if you don't have a lot of talent. 

We can't be 100% sure of the reason Bannan's not in the side. The Instagram "tweet" could still be fake. Bannan could be injured.

Edited by Con

Con mate, I just do not understand which Villa games you have been watching. He is in no way whatsoever a creative player and his set pieces are the polar opposite to accurate.

I do agree with your second point here though. I think something has happened, and it wouldn't surprise me if Lambert tried to get rid in the summer. Good riddance I say.

Your assessment of the player is affected by the fact you don't like him. You don't become the best crosser in the PL if you don't have a lot of talent. 

We can't be 100% sure of the reason Bannan's not in the side. The Instagram "tweet" could still be fake. Bannan could be injured.

To be the best at corners, you need impact from them - to set up goals or be a threat.

To be the best at Penalties, you need to make impact from them - to score from them. (Le Tissier as an example)

To be the best defensive midfielder, you need to have an impact in protecting the defence behind you. (Makelele as an example)

What impact has Bannan had from this world class crosses?

How come even Duff has more assists??

If his crosses were that good and his overall game play was THAT GOOD we would see the affect in all the corners he fluffed, free kicks he mis hit and we'd see some evidence of some assists with crosses too.

HE

IS

SHIT.

Edited by dodgyknees

I don't think dodgyknees has ever met Bannan. I think his assessment of him is not only very accurate, but also nothing to do with liking him or not and everything to do with him being an atrociously bad footballer who offers nothing.

You need to get over him. You really do. He is making you look like a right tit.

Pathetic today. 1-1 and Fulham dominated the possession statistics, in control 51% time - even though they were without Steve Sidwell and Enoh started his first PL match.

Our crossing was terrible. Westwood and N'Zogbia had crossing duties today - 13 crosses between them, only 2 accurate.

Bannan is accurate 45% time on crosses. Against QPR and Reading, we dominated possession with 56%, winning these must-win, winnable games.

Bad call from Lambert to not even include Bannan in the squad today.

Come on then guys what do you think his Instagram will be today after being dropped from the side yet again for not being good enough

Here's my prediction

"**** this i'm off down the pub"

Funny you should say that...just seen pics of him weimann and clark up indi bar last sunday...

The only explanation is Con is Barry Bannan. Have you any stats for Bannan being better at retaining possession than Delph, Westwood or Sylla? Looking at Squaka, Bannan has a 82% pass accuracy, Westwood 85%, Delph 87%, Sylla 85%. These stats do not suggest that Bannan helps the team keep possession. 

• Like 1

Pathetic today. 1-1 and Fulham dominated the possession statistics, in control 51% time - even though they were without Steve Sidwell and Enoh started his first PL match.

Our crossing was terrible. Westwood and N'Zogbia had crossing duties today - 13 crosses between them, only 2 accurate.

Bannan is accurate 45% time on crosses. Against QPR and Reading, we dominated possession with 56%, winning these must-win, winnable games.

Bad call from Lambert to not even include Bannan in the squad today.

GET OVER IT

BANNAN IS SHIT

Nothing against the bloke. Never met him. I think most Villa fans share my belief that he is atrocious. 

The only explanation is Con is Barry Bannan. Have you any stats for Bannan being better at retaining possession than Delph, Westwood or Sylla? Looking at Squaka, Bannan has a 82% pass accuracy, Westwood 85%, Delph 87%, Sylla 85%. These stats do not suggest that Bannan helps the team keep possession. 

As we know, Bannan takes the responsibility for playing the forward attacking ball.  He spots the pass. Other players around him will have higher passing % because they don't do that. If Bannan didn't go for his passes our possession would be even higher, but we might not get so many corners and shots at goal.

GET OVER IT

BANNAN IS SHIT

I GET U.

Seriously though, 2 accurate crosses from 13 attempts is woeful. Bannan guarantees you a higher return than that.

Lambert has to make amends fast, or Bannan has to get over his injury fast, because we need him back for the winnable games we have left.

GET OVER IT

BANNAN IS SHIT

I GET U.

Seriously though, 2 accurate crosses from 13 attempts is woeful. Bannan guarantees you a higher return than that.

Lambert has to make amends fast, or Bannan has to get over his injury fast, because we need him back for the winnable games we have left.

Would you rather a player who delivered 2 accurate crosses a game (even though the definition of accurate cross is obviously flawed) and scored a goal or a player who delivered 50% accurate (!?!?!?!) crosses a game? Because N'Zogbia did more today in an hour than Bannan has all season.

You do realise that goals win games and not crosses?

Would you rather a player who delivered 2 accurate crosses a game (even though the definition of accurate cross is obviously flawed) and scored a goal or a player who delivered 50% accurate (!?!?!?!) crosses a game? Because N'Zogbia did more today in an hour than Bannan has all season.

N'Zogbia and Bannan can, and have, played in the same teams. Bannan is not speedy like N'Zogbia. There are so many reasons I'd play N'Zogbia ahead of Bannan if the game called for it. Would not play N'Zogbia in CM though. 

Beckham made £100m from being good at crosses. I'm not going to pretend like you apparently are it's not really important.

N'Zogbia and Bannan can, and have, played in the same teams. Bannan is not speedy like N'Zogbia. There are so many reasons I'd play N'Zogbia ahead of Bannan if the game called for it. Would not play N'Zogbia in CM though. 

Beckham made £100m from being good at crosses. I'm not going to pretend like you apparently are it's not really important.

Beckham made 100m from setting up goals and chances from crosses.

Don't twist the stats in your favour. Bannan offers nothing other than cross field balls where his average pass length is 23m, diagonal to the edge of the box and area. Seen him do it, the stats back this up and because he is (just) in an attacking half, they count as **** crosses with the stats on squawka.

It would be very interesting to see a goals to crosses ratio rather than an "accurate" cross because it would show Bannan on around 0.0000000000001%. I think he would be better off shooting when he gets into one of his crossing positions... but I doubt he will ever get the chance again as he should have played his last game for the club now.

Oh!

And it takes into account corners too, so by this.. anything that doesn't hit a defender before it reaches the box is a success!

So, all those floated wasted balls straight to the keeper count as a success because they landed (with the keeper) but in the box.

Basically, his shit corners that never went to a Villa player top up his crossing %!!!!

^^^ Very important when looking at Con's argument!

Edited by dodgyknees

Beckham was playing for Man Utd with the best strikers in the league to finish off the crosses. No matter how hard you try to disparage Bannan's crossing statistic, it is a level playing field across the league. Bannan is the best at that.