Barry Bannan

villianusa

I don't think he's awful. Not too sure how he can be in the starting line-up for the wins against Reading and QPR and played well in those games yet be left out of the squad altogether for the last two games. I think he would have offered more composure than sylla who came on and just kept giving the ball away.

It's very simple really... he was very average against Reading and QPR though they were 2 of his better games of the season (he was still heavily involved in one of the goals we conceded which could have been serious enough to relegate us) and then when he came up against a half decent team in Liverpool he was unbelievably poor. The single worst performance that I have seen from a Villa player not only this season but for many a season. Lambert was clearly of the same opinion as he yanked him off very early in the second half and dropped him from the team for the next game against Stoke. After he was dropped from Stoke he threw a hissy fit, as per his instagram post, and hasn't been seen in the team since and rightly so.

The one attribute which has been bandied around recently for why he should be in the starting 11 has been proven to be incredibly misleading (his crosses from corners ebing recorded as accurate crosses even though they are the worst in the league) and the corners we delivered today looked a thousand times more dangerous than Bannans poncy floaters. There is a reason why we he hasn't assisted from his hundreds of free kicks this season and that is because he is rubbish.

We controlled the game against Fulham today... we were very wasteful in our chances and I don't think Fulham really got a look in other than for a few minutes when our heads went down after the equaliser. We should have won the game, though one thing is for certain... had Bannan started today we would not have controlled the game as comfortably and we would have been put under a lot more pressure given his constant **** ups 20 yards from goal.

I think all three could play together. I wouldn't drop Westwood as I think he's our most consistent midfield player.

Why are we even considering changing our midfield after what was one of our most commanding performances of the season? Utter madness.

Guzan didn't have a single save to make today... that's probably the first time that has happened this season and it is because for once our midfield actually controlled the game somewhat. This wouldn't have happened with the Scottish Salifou playing.

I think all three could play together. I wouldn't drop Westwood as I think he's our most consistent midfield player.

Except when he isn't, like against Fulham. Ineffective.

Without Bannan on the bench, no fear of competition either.

Except when he isn't, like against Fulham. Ineffective.

Without Bannan on the bench, no fear of competition either.

I'd suck it up mate. Bannan isn't coming back into the side. And if he does, it won't be for Westwood  :lol:

Why are we even considering changing our midfield after what was one of our most commanding performances of the season? Utter madness.

you cannot "command" with 49% ball possession.

you cannot "command" with 49% ball possession.

Only I didn't say we "commanded"... I said one of our more "commanding" performances which is was. With the average possession for the season being 45% then today's 49% possession backs that up.

Hardly surprising... don't play our weakest midfielder and all of a sudden we look stronger in midfield and in defense. Only positives come out from Bannan not playing... no floaty crosses, no mishits that put the opposition clean through on goal and not once did we get caught in possession leading to a sustained period of pressure.

Nonsense. We were commanding at times against QPR and Reading, when we ended up with 56% ball possession.

At no point against Fulham at home were we "in command".

After 3 victories in 4 we should have strung some passes together, played some nice stuff, scored a few goals. Did not happen.

Very disappointing result in a winnable home fixture.

Nonsense. We were commanding at times against QPR and Reading, when we ended up with 56% ball possession.

At no point against Fulham at home were we "in command".

After 3 victories in 4 we should have strung some passes together, played some nice stuff, scored a few goals. Did not happen.

Very disappointing result in a winnable home fixture.

We were very wasteful in attack whilst solid in defense. Guzan didn't have a single save to make all afternoon.

When was the last time that happened?

It was a very winnable game, and it is disappointing that we didn't win it but had we taken one of our many chances to win the game everyone would be raving about a good performance.

We are in a strong position not to be relegated and our chances of not getting relegated only get better the longer Bannan is left out of the squad.

I'd suck it up mate. Bannan isn't coming back into the side. 

I'm not saying you have a reputation, but if you did, would you bet it on that?

Yes. The only way I see him coming back is if Westy, Sylla and Delph get injured. He's not getting in on merit.

Edited by StefanAVFC

We are in a strong position not to be relegated and our chances of not getting relegated only get better the longer Bannan is left out of the squad.

Yet over 18 appearances Bannan has the highest points per game ratio of any player in the squad. Funny that.

Yet over 18 appearances Bannan has the highest points per game ratio of any player in the squad. Funny that.

Fact of convenience, not of merit. We've probably conceded the most goals with him in as well, because he offers no protection for the defence (and sometime he actively assists the other team)

Yes. The only way I see him coming back is if Westy, Sylla and Delph get injured. He's not getting in on merit.

Yes he will.

He won't. He's been dropped completely recently. Surely that's a sign of how lowly he's rated by PL  :lol:  :lol:

What a huge sample of games. If it was really that simple do you think Lambert would have dropped him?

Why don't you actually watch Villa play once in a while Con. If you do you will clearly see that Bannan is woeful. All you do is look at the stats after the game and get a very different picture to reality. Wake up.

Yes he will.

Nope. He's **** gash.

He won't. He's been dropped completely recently. Surely that's a sign of how lowly he's rated by PL  :lol:  :lol:

Well, if we get relegated because of that decision at least you'll be going down with a smile on your face.

Well, if we get relegated because of that decision at least you'll be going down with a smile on your face.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'd advise you watch some games mate. Rather than just skip the game, then read the stats. Bannan is woeful. Terrible attitude and our midfield looks 100000000x better without him anywhere near it.

You're an ignoramus if you believe that.

I worry that if we go down Bannan might just stay because he might be able to get into a Championship level squad. If we stay up I'm convinced we won't see him at Villa again.