Barry Bannan

villianusa

Hasn't Lowton also played in every league win, we've had this season? And every draw? And every loss?

Yes. He's on 9 yellow cards though, so we may be without him soon on a suspension.

Bannan did not play in all the games in the first half of the season.

Up until the Southampton game (22 matches) he started 14 matches.

Bannan's record

5 Wins

Swansea, Sunderland, Reading, Liverpool, Reading

7 Losses 

Everton, Southampton, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Wigan, Newcastle

4 Draws

Newcastle, Arsenal, QPR, Stoke

These are the results in the games he started. If we start Bannan, 31% time we win.

Aston Villa Club record

6 Wins

14 Losses

9 Draws

Club has won 20.7% of games this season, with and without Bannan.

If we had started Bannan in more matches, and we won 31% of the time - like Bannan has done - we would have 9 wins, and be mid-table with West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke and Fulham.

awwyeah.png

• Like 1

Hasn't Lowton also played in every league win, we've had this season? And every draw? And every loss?

Yes. He's on 9 yellow cards though, so we may be without him soon on a suspension.

Bannan did not play in all the games in the first half of the season.

Up until the Southampton game (22 matches) he started 14 matches.

Bannan's record

5 Wins

Swansea, Sunderland, Reading, Liverpool, Reading

7 Losses 

Everton, Southampton, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Wigan, Newcastle

4 Draws

Newcastle, Arsenal, QPR, Stoke

These are the results in the games he started. If we start Bannan, 31% time we win.

Aston Villa Club record

6 Wins

14 Losses

9 Draws

Club has won 20.7% of games this season, with and without Bannan.

If we had started Bannan in more matches, and we won 31% of the time - like Bannan has done - we would have 9 wins, and be mid-table with West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke and Fulham.

I shouldn't even be entertaining this point due to its total lack of sense, however surely you realise that :

1) You are forecasting your 31% win rate and applying it to games where Bannan has actually played a part only just didn't start a game?

He has played in every game other than 4 this season... average points in games he has played = 1, average points in games he hasn't played = 1. 

2) That taking a result set as small as 16 games and finding a peak and then applying this peak as the average across all results means the results are absolute nonsense?

PRetty sure I read a stat that said Man City have gotten more points on average without Yaya Toure this season than with him.

I imagine they'll never play him again.

• Like 1

I'm not a massive fan of Bannan, but he used to impress me on the odd occasion.

I think he is a decent (maybe 'below average') squad player. I hope we keep him, just to make up the numbers in the squad, on low wages.

I do prefer him starting on the bench than on the pitch, though!

PRetty sure I read a stat that said Man City have gotten more points on average without Yaya Toure this season than with him.

Lets hope they don't try to trick us into a swap.  I'm fed up of signing all their shite.

Maybe we should try to swap Bannan for YaYa in the summer? Seems like they would get the better deal.  ;)

l

in a stable settled team not fighting relegation probably half our team would seem better than they are.

to his credit Bannan seems to be technically quite adept in all areas (heading aside) and he works really hard, but he tries too hard, makes poor decisions at times and is too easy to push off the ball.

Clark, Bannan, Herd, Baker, Westwood, Delph, Lowton where all not ready to become regular starters at the beginning of the season, most have learnt at a pace but at the expense of a massive amount of points thrown away. And this is not about age this is about time on the pitch and experience at this level.

QPR is a very tricky game. They won't be short of fight and confidence. It will be more about the other B - Benteke - than Bannan. If he has one of his games, we can win, because he can score out of nothing.

Bannan might actually be benched for N'Zogbia. I think they are now competing for the same place on left midfield, and who gets it depends partly on tactics.

Delph's competing with Sylla for the midfield energy role.

QPR is a very tricky game. They won't be short of fight and confidence. It will be more about the other B - Benteke - than Bannan. If he has one of his games, we can win, because he can score out of nothing.

Bannan might actually be benched for N'Zogbia. I think they are now competing for the same place on left midfield, and who gets it depends partly on tactics.

Delph's competing with Sylla for the midfield energy role.

Maybe the first of your 534 posts which we can agree on... :)