Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan goes off... everything goes to shit.. yeah he's awful.

Yes this is absolutely the case.

If you ignore the fact that the teams confidence had once again crumbled and the manager had completely lost the shape of the team and the players hadn't a clue what was going on. If you ignore all those things then you are bang on the money.

His corners were astonishingly poor thats for sure.. I don't get that.. you are in the Semi final of a cup 1-0 up & on top so what do you do? Carelessly over hit corner after corner?

I just don't get it? The same with Lowton, Delph & a few others.. just stupidly wasted really good positions.

The problem with this team for me is simple

They're thick!

Bannan got subbed off because he created **** all

He did his usual landcrab dance passing the ball sideways

Delph and Ireland contributed alot more they were not subbed

Delph and Ireland were playing in attacking positions in front of him.

While we were attacking Bannan's position was often on the edge of the centre circle, which was his role as a deep lying playmaker.

He received the ball and spread it to the other side where there was more space (because Bradford had all men behind the ball).

He could have got further forward if the players had held the ball up better, more patient, but we rushed the crosses in.

We still created 7 chances in the first half. Far more organised attack set up than we had after he went off in the second.

Bent didn't bring anything to the party.

We still created 7 chances in the first half. Far more organised attack set up than we had after he went off in the second.

Bannan was our worst player in the first half by a long, long distance, beyond even Lowton who contributed nothing. What good we did - which wasn't enough - was in spite of Bannan, not because of him. His passing was borderline psychotic, his corners and crossing complete garbage. We could have subbed off a patch of fresh air and it would have harmed us more than subbing off Bannan.

Bent never does - you bring it to him and during his career he has usually done the rest.

True. Who was going to supply him?

Only had 3 midfielders left when Bannan went off.

After Bennett was subbed, the two players involved in creating the first goal were no longer on the pitch.

Sometimes you have to question the management.

His passing was borderline psychotic

This is a new one!

This is a new one!

I don't know what else to call it when, under pressure, you float a ball from your own corner flag towards your keeper who is also under pressure. Given did very well to take it on his chest and control it.

Edited by Laivasse