Barry Bannan

villianusa

or is he going to be the next Steven Davies ?

I don't remember SD ever creating five gilt-edged chances in a single game.

Genuinely I never understood the hype around SD, I can't remember a game where he stood out or when he looked half as threatening as Bannan is.

Very impressed with him, his vision and brain keep the game working and huge credit to GH for playing him in central midfield! The only problem is when games resort to the long ball stuff hence bypassing him! But the ball for Luke Young was sublime, can't wait till Blackpool to support our boys!

Let’s hope he gets time to develop into a good player without all the overhype, positive and negative, that seems to be associated with one performance.

It was a good start against a team that plays football. Blackpool and Manure play the same way so he should/could do well in these matches. How he copes against the likes of Blackburn, Bolton and Stoke will show whether he has the ability to make it in the premier league. Here's hoping.

Bannan is a class above Steve Davis. The ball for Albrighton - abso-****-lutely sublime. And MOTD didnt even comment over what is the best assist of the season.

Made by Aston Villa - finished by Aston Villa.

Anybody who was at the game did you see his shot in the first half that swerved like hell, would have been goal of the season if it had gone in. The left foot on this guy is sublime and let's not forget he's the same height as Messi. Anything is possible.

Bannan is a class above Steve Davis. The ball for Albrighton - abso-****-lutely sublime. And MOTD didnt even comment over what is the best assist of the season.

Made by Aston Villa - finished by Aston Villa.

I noticed it was very similar to Scholes' pass in the Everton game which also ended in a goal. The difference here is that MOTD spent 5 minutes creaming themselves over it but didn't even mention Bannan last night.

We need a Barry Bannan song. He is going to be a superstar. He's short....well it's football not basketball. If he keeps working hard he can become a legend.

Who needs Barry when you've got Barry Bannan,

Who needs Barry when you've got Barry Bannan

HEEYYYY BARRY BANNAN

this was being sung pretty loud yesterday

We need a Barry Bannan song. He is going to be a superstar. He's short....well it's football not basketball. If he keeps working hard he can become a legend.

HEEYYYY BARRY BANNAN

To what tune?

Bannan had a very good game today. Nice touches, busy, looking for the ball. My MOM from either team. He does try to play the killer pass too often in my opinion, but when it works it supplies a really good chance; see the goal and the ball to Luke Young. But I think this is what he gives us over the likes of Sidwell and Petrov. #They will play safe and give the ball away less, but will never create a chance...unlike Bannan who created many opportunities just yesterday. From that showing and the Blues game, CM is definitely his position...not on the wing.

HEEYYYY BARRY BANNAN

haha that is a classic. we have some quality songs.

HEEYYYY BARRY BANNAN

haha that is a classic. we have some quality songs.

Could change it around a bit and sing..

Who needs Milner when you've got Barry Bannan

Who needs Scholes when you've got Barry Bannan

HEEYYYY BARRY BANNAN

.. (maybe not Scholes... maybe another ex-villa player)

What's interesting and well nice is checking out the Guardien Chalkboard, usually all our midfielders passes, you can see are all round the centre, very short passes, 90% about 10 yards maximum, yet went onto Bannan's and it's just sprayed all over the park, long, medium, short passing, all different places on the pitch.

Nice to have someone willing to try passes like for the goal.