Barry Bannan

villianusa

Sad it didn't work out, he looked to be one of our better academy prospects. Hes at a very important stage in his career, I hope he gets his head down and works hard enough to make the talent he has work. Good luck Barry.

Good luck to the lad. The vitriol on here is an embarrassment, quite frankly.

Villa-Revolution seems to have been a bit overzealous but this thread is a lot less embarrassment rich than the Benteke one a few weeks ago.

Looks like he's getting his wish to be out of here at pace. #headloss

Except he hasn't really has he? He hasn't "given" the club shit. He's been paid and bloody well paid for the PRIVILEGE of pulling on an Aston Villa jersey and playing in the team. 

He's been loaned out because he isn't good enough - and all the while he is still dicking about as the Holloway comments bear out, notwithstanding the drink driving stuff as well. His "dream" has been crushed by none other than Barry Bannan, his attitude and his work ethic. 

I wish him luck for the future not because he deserves it because IMO he doesn't. He wasted his potential and his opportunity here - he will never play at this level again. I wish him luck because with his talent and attitude he will need all the luck he can get to make any degree of success of his life as a footballer. 

Where in my post did I ever question his work rate?

Work ethic so, lets not split hairs!

Except he hasn't really has he? He hasn't "given" the club shit. He's been paid and bloody well paid for the PRIVILEGE of pulling on an Aston Villa jersey and playing in the team. 

He's been loaned out because he isn't good enough - and all the while he is still dicking about as the Holloway comments bear out, notwithstanding the drink driving stuff as well. His "dream" has been crushed by none other than Barry Bannan, his attitude and his work ethic. 

I wish him luck for the future not because he deserves it because IMO he doesn't. He wasted his potential and his opportunity here - he will never play at this level again. I wish him luck because with his talent and attitude he will need all the luck he can get to make any degree of success of his life as a footballer.

Where in my post did I ever question his work rate?

Work ethic so, lets not split hairs!

Work rate being how much running he does on a football pitch......work ethic being how much drinking and nightclubbing he does when injured.

You're not splitting hairs so much as the scalp, skull and half the carcass.

Bottom line is he's not good enough or committed enough for Villa so best all round that he moves on. We show far to much 'loyalty' to academy players that will never make it.

Im glad he's gonna be off soon, championship is probably his level.I just hope he grows up a bit and takes some responsibility for his actions off the pitch.

Sad thing is, even though he is shit he will still end up earning more money than I ever will :-P

This is his best chance. He's walking into a central midfield that might have been the worst in the championship but on a team that is decent for the championship outside of that. He will be given first team chances and also probably play alongside a ball winning midfielder like Dickson etuhu or Jason Lowe to complement him. He's gotta take it

Has it been confirmed?

Not heard anymore since kendrick tweeted about it this morning - i don't think he will get better than blackburn interested in him.

Edited by Eastie

I honestly don't see the reason for the stick he gets. Yes he can be very frustrating at times, but for me there's a very good player in there somewhere. I think he'll go from strength to strength with regular first team football.

• Like 2

I didn't like the stick he got. I'm sad that it didn't work out for him and hope he realises his potential at Blackburn.

Yeah me too, really perplexed about the culture of celebrating when a academy player who we have spent years nurturing to play for Aston villa fails to make it for us on here, as stevo says with bannan its more about cons defence of bannan than his actual football ability.

Good luck Barry.

I've heard that he'll be coming onto the pitch at half time tonight to say bye.

I presume you mean to say he'll be coming onto the pitch to wave Goodbye to the bench.

Won't be long too before he is warming the bench at Blackburn either.

Then Scunthorpe, then kidderminster, then Bedlington Terriers, then the Hare & Hounds.

I see his future  in the legal industry  as a Barrister- Judge Bannan, always warming the bench ;)

Edited by villa-revolution

My defence of Bannan was a reaction to the pre-existing unreasonable, bitter misrepresentation of his game. Remember Bannan is one of if not the winningest player of the 12/13 season. When he looks back on his final year at Villa all his memories will be of winning, even though as a team we had a losing season.

I've heard that he'll be coming onto the pitch at half time tonight to say bye.

I presume you mean to say he'll be coming onto the pitch to wave Goodbye to the bench.

Won't be long too before he is warming the bench at Blackburn either.

Then Scunthorpe, then kidderminster, then Bedlington Terriers, then the Hare & Hounds.

Opinions like these are the polar opposites to Con's. They're just as stupid. 

Edited by PieFacE

My defence of Bannan was a reaction to the pre-existing unreasonable, bitter misrepresentation of his game. Remember Bannan is one of if not the winningest player of the 12/13 season. When he looks back on his final year at Villa all his memories will be of winning, even though as a team we had a losing season.

Seek therapy.