Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not a chance Arsenal want downing. would not fit into there game!

How so ?

He seems a perfect fit to me. Good on the deck, knows how to pass, adds width which they need, has a bit of pace. Seems to tick all the right boxes

I'm with you. Perfect fit and I think he would look awesome in that Arsenal midfield. Don't want him to go but £20m would be hard to turn down knowing that he would leave next summer for half of that!

Come on guys this is the mirror hardly reliable
Only when we want it to be

No, I'm pretty sure no one thinks the Mirror is reliable.

The Mirror. I'd sooner believe Harold Camping.

Someone told me yesterday that the ITK is that Mr Downing was nailed on to leave for LFC it's practically done and dusted.

However as I pointed out to him there's a huge amount of pessimistic rumours around B6 and after what AM told the fans

unless LFC have bid an enormous amount then we're not selling...

Although things can change in football obviously very quickly..... so this will be interesting to see how matters pan out.

I hope he leaves. I dont want him at villa after the way he has acted.

Complete and utter arsehole unworthy of wearing the claret and blue.

Plus he has a poor final ball and no right foot.

And did i mention hes a dick…

There was a time when clubs had too much power over players but the pendulum has swung way, way too far in the other direction.

I think football may be about to catch a cold and the main reason is the detachment between the fans and the disloyal, money grabbing players and their nefarious agents. Downing owes this club, end of and if he had a shred of decency he'd be honour bound to repay the debt he owes AVFC.

I work in London and do some pro bono work with charities that are doing some genuinely brilliant work in improving some of the most deprived parts of the City. When we approach players who grew up in these areas to make relatively small contributions most are just not interested and the player's clubs say a lot of them aren't even arsed to help out with the club's own activities (visiting the local hospitals etc). They'd rather spunk their salaries on another sports car they'll only drive a few times or another piece of shit bling jewellery. They make me sick.

There was a time when clubs had too much power over players but the pendulum has swung way, way too far in the other direction

We could keep him for the next 2 years if we want to.

If he goes, the club has to agree to it.

We can hold him to his contract and he wouldn't be able to do nothing about it.

If clubs held players to their contracts more often instead of selling for profit, then they would get some of that power back.

Bleh bleh bleh.

Alex Mcleish tells us we're keeping him

Bindipper ITKs say they've got him

The only thing that I agree on in this whole thread is that he owes us big time. We took a big risk and gave his boyhood club the full whack, because MON thought we could better his career. Even though he was severely injured. And we still paid the money. And his career has been bettered. You owe us one more season, Downing.

If we keep him one more season, then its the same case as Ashley Young and others before him. I am of the thinking that we should get rid if we can et close to 20 million so we can replace him and move on! I would love us to be buying young potential like we did with Ashley Young back then. Sure it can be hit and miss, but exciting.

Downing has proved himself to be a first class prick after going back on his comments that he'd sign a new contract the week the season ended!

I'd wait until we hear more before damning him, personally.

The only thing Spurs and Liverpool are champions at is having bullshitting fans. Must be a London thing.

Can't believe that people are saying he owes us or that he is not loyal

I am afraid he is a professional footballer he owes us nothing. He was bought when injured (the club knew this) he was given a good contract and has performed well enough to have been picked for the first team and been paid as per his contract for that. Such notions as loyalty or having a debt to repay us are actually non-existent in the professional game. They are paid mercenaries and will move to whereever they feel is best suited to give them what they want.

Â