Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him and would want to keep him but we may have spent a decent amount of late.

I think the fact is we have shifted pointless big wage earners, which was probably the MON/Lerner gripe, and now we can continue to look at other players with true quality.

Downing is great and I do hope he stays but maybe with Albrighton, Gabby, Bannan and Young all offering wing options we may recoup a large fee and cover our @sses in terms of quality.

Not a time to sell but who knows.

cant see how downing going to liverpool looks realistic as daglish was only saying yesterday he has NOT talked to the board about transfer targets. so how can he be linked.

GH only said about a week ago that we wouldnt be buying a striker. Managers tell lies.

On a day where out of the blue we have made a 24m bid i dont think we can rule out selling Downing. While id love to see him stay i think we need Bent more right now than we need Downing. If we need to sell 1 to get another than id be in favour of that.

I'd really hate to see DJ leave now that he's finally settled in and started to come good. Overall he's probably been our most consistent performer thus far this season. Having said that, if we are going to loose a winger, I'd rather it be DJ than Young or Albrighton. Although I fear Young may leave anyhow in the summer, regardless of our league position. So it would seem kinda strange to be selling DJ at this point.

Be a shame, I hope and think we will reject it. From what I've seen, we're heading in a better direction than Liverpool at the moment.

Depends, if Villa can convince Ashley Young to stay, then selling Downing won't be the end of the world, put Young on the wing. if Young still won't sign a new contract then he has to stay.

Â