Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

If you look at the club website with the photo of James Collins as he wheels away to celebrate the goal against the shite, you can see what it meant to Stewart Downing. That's not the look of a bloke angling for a move away from this brilliant football club. Yes, he might be a bit of a softy at times but he's growing into a highly valuable player for Villa and he should only be sold for absolute stupid money. How long did it take this country to find genuine left sided midfielders? We have one of the best, keep him.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the club website with the photo of James Collins as he wheels away to celebrate the goal against the shite, you can see what it meant to Stewart Downing. That's not the look of a bloke angling for a move away from this brilliant football club. Yes, he might be a bit of a softy at times but he's growing into a highly valuable player for Villa and he should only be sold for absolute stupid money. How long did it take this country to find genuine left sided midfielders? We have one of the best, keep him.

This.

What did everyone think of Stewart Downing at CM?

I thought he was quiet in attack but i was very impressed with his work rate and the way he spread the ball across field etc. Could be a Milner type convert.. against easier sides he will have more time and space on the ball and may get more goals from a central position.

Nah. Hes a winger.

Can do a job at CM but you can tell he aint really comfortable there.

Hopefully Makoun will slot in there no worries and Delph will come back soon. Then Downing can concentrate on what he does best - getting crosses into the box.

-----------------Bent-----------------

Downing------Young------Albrighton

-------Makoun--------Delph----------

All of Downing Young and Albighton can alternate positions and play anywhere across the forward line. Gives more flexibility. Also playing Downing in the centre means the likes of Delph and Bannan wont get a chance

he would need time there. Its a new position. Milner wasnt great instantly once moved there.

Friedel

Walker Dunne Collins Clark/New Signing

Albrighton Makoun Downing Young

Gabby Bent

Could be the way forward?

I didn't notice him, he needs to get on the wing.

I'm sure for Wigan well have

-------------Petrov---------Makoun--------------

Albrighton---------Young---------------Downing

--------------------Bent-----------------------

And I think that'll be us for the rest of the season.

Makoun will be on the bench, his first training session is Monday and he can't speak English yet!

It will be the same as today against Wigan

Wasn't wowed by him in CM today personally, but he is a fantastic player, and too good to leave out of the team IMO. It's a shame GH wants to play Gabby on the wing, because Downing or Ashley Young would be better there. It's a bit of a selection headache, really.

Hopefully he gets the hang of CM in the way Milner did, as KSV points out.

He completed more passes than any of our midfielders , always tried to pass it forward and made 6 interceptions. How did he look bad in CM? I must've been watching a different game.

Maybe you were just watching more closely. Although if you noticed James Milner on the pitch it must have been a replay of last year's game.

He completed more passes than any of our midfielders , always tried to pass it forward and made 6 interceptions. How did he look bad in CM? I must've been watching a different game.

Maybe you were just watching more closely. Although if you noticed James Milner on the pitch it must have been a replay of last year's game.

He looked decent to me , played some nice passes , put himself about. Looking at his Chalkboard just affirms that.

Â