Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope AVFC announce a fee has been agreed for Charles N'Zogbia tomorrow morning. **** bullshit, thought we were going to play this one hard, hopefully we got something stupid like £25m for him, but I wouldn't be suprised if its the £19m that was reported.

According to SkySports (yeah, I know) the fee is 20 million:

"Breaking news: Liverpool have revealed that they have had a £20million bid accepted by Aston Villa for Stewart Downing. More to follow on this story."

Stewart Downing is a discrace. Young deserved his move, showed class, never lied (unlike this tool). Barry gave us 9 good years. Milner was slightly disapointing, but Downing, total disrace. Sign him injured for a lot of money. Has 1 good season and now off. Total word removed.

What he hell is going on at Villa??? What the hell happened last season for Brad Friedel to change his mind? Then Young, then Downing??? All wanted to sign new contracts, but something made them change their minds?? WTF???

More money and bigger ambitions, it's that simple. Villa are challenging for **** all right now. We are paying the price for snapping up the best english players, eventually they all want to move on to the bigger clubs where they have more chance to win stuff. That's football so don't know why we are all suprised here.

Not surprising as he was bound to go. Now let's get on with signing a couple of wingers. I would be happy with N'Zogbia, Johnson or Shaqiri. Then perhaps someone like SWP to fill the squad out a bit.

Â