Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

**** it, make it positive. Get Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia, Kalou/Sturridge and a 1/2 others and we'll be ok.

We have to buy them first for christ sake. Have we done that yet? Absoutely not. Stop suggesting it's that easy. The board are **** terrible at rubbish like this.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can dream of signing Kalou, we'll sign some average Irish/Scottish player. Just hope we get an N'Zogbia deal done. So Downing handed in a transfer request to try and force the issue, such an ungrateful ****** ****.

should have taken a stand here...reject the offer, reject his transfer request. if he wants to sulk, let him rot in the reserves and let his little england career rot with him

The guys hands in a transfer request, he don't wanna be at villa anymore, we get offered 20mill for a player with less ability than A. Young - can you blame the board.

Anyone want to get perspective as to where villa are as a club, last time I checked we were winning **** all. Better players always move to bigger clubs. Players come and go, but the club is always there. We will have a new star player who will come and go - it's the cycle of football.

Exactly. Spot on.

Look Downing had been tapped up. It happened with Barry, Milner and Young.

They think the grass is greener on the other side so what can you do?

He submitted a transfer request so no loyalty bonus to be paid. I think Villa were fed up of all the speculation.

It's a sickener to lose both Young and Downing but what's the point of having someone who doesn't want to play for you?

Hope we get N'Zogbia and a replacement for Downing quickly.

Liverpool is not a better or bigger club than Villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did they win last season??? They are not in the Champions League!!!!!!!!!!! F U Downing!

let him go. dont want to play for the club then **** off. Good player but shows lack of loyalty in football when we signed him when injured and had faith in him. Hopefully McLeish can bring in a creative player and maybe we are going away from a winger system for next season

Really shocked he's going this window. If he has handed in a transfer request i'm also shocked at that.

Part of me is glad that i'm so skint i couldn't renew my season ticket. Another write off.

Oh well, at least we have Ireland :D

**** him, to be quite honest. After his shameless public u-turn in relation to his contract I hope he fails dramatically at Liverpool.

We all know there is no player loyalty these days, but to take the piss out of the club publicly, the way Downing has, is disgraceful.

The reality of our standing in the game is more disappointing than his behaviour though.

Liverpool is not a better or bigger club than Villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did they win last season??? They are not in the Champions League!!!!!!!!!!! F U Downing!

Of course they are. Don't be so stupid. We haven't won **** all for 15 years.

18 League titles

5 European Cups

Bigger international profile

Bigger media profile.

More money.

I'm sorry but they just ARE a bigger club. There is no argument here.

Even though it's been obviously coming, I'm still p*ssed off. Stewart Downing is a massive word removed. Football and loyalty can never be used in the same sentence ever again. What an absolute scroat.

should have taken a stand here...reject the offer, reject his transfer request. if he wants to sulk, let him rot in the reserves and let his little england career rot with him

So waste his wages on a reserve player? No thanks. I'd rather cash in and spend those wages and the £20m on the first team.

Also... let his England career rot with him?? :bang:

Relax ladies. 20m is twice what he's worth.

We will make signings. We will bring in better.

The trouble is Young and Downing will be very difficult to replace for the same money, let alone half!

To put things into prospective Liverpool purchased Henderson for 20m, a player not known and not of particular quality. They have got a England international winger for the same money who has improved year on year!

Wigan will want 20m now for Nzogbia we will say no and end up with some cast off from a scottish team.

I am not going over the top, the fact of the matter is if we don't get two decent wingers Bent will hand in a transfer request in mid August or January.

ONeil is hated by many on here but he was the backbone to Villas revival under Randy. We are now destined for lower table football.

Â