The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Absolute idiot. I don't think stripping him of the captaincy would be excessive at all. He's not above the law. Our masseuse got struck down with this virus and then ya have Bertie big bollocks thinking he can wander around the place and do what he wants. Hope the club hammer him.

• Like 2

I’m afraid having spent my entire working life in law enforcement I can’t get my head around the lack of separation some have between punishing someone for a crime ( which is appropriate) and sacking them/ pillorying them/ disowning them or whatever ( which is subjective)

I can say there would be an awful lot of untouchable people in many walks of life, including on here, if that was the norm, as criminal offences ( including serious ones) are committed every day by huge numbers of people. And those offences that one person finds unforgivable, another finds understandable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Absolute idiot. I don't think stripping him of the captaincy would be excessive at all. He's not above the law. Our masseuse got struck down with this virus and then ya have Bertie big bollocks thinking he can wander around the place and do what he wants. Hope the club hammer him.

Absolutely he needs to be hit hard by this.

you don’t crash a Range Rover into parked cars with pretty much no other car on the road in broad daylight without being a moron, or having a stroke or a heart attack. I doubt he’s had either of those.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because he was a drink driver.

I think your question is actually more relevant for you. If you’re happy having a convicted drink driver playing for your side, where would you draw the line?

Yeah we already have one of those and I've hated every second Drinkwater has played for us.

I really like Grealish so I'm bound to be more forgiving towards him but if he's been drink driving I would be less sad to see him go.

People need to get a grip. He’s gone to a mates house, when he shouldn’t (not illegal, despite the lockdown) and crashed his car. Nothing mentioned about drinking, he’s apologised, villa have fined him. The end, it’s been dealt with.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because he was a drink driver.

I think your question is actually more relevant for you. If you’re happy having a convicted drink driver playing for your side, where would you draw the line?

Good question. But I could equally bat it back and say where would you ? ( and I did ask first 😂😂).

Because if you’d sack him for drunk driving, what about reckless driving, what about 12 penalty points for speeding, what about driving a dangerous and unroadworthy car, or driving with no insurance ? To name but a few.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I’m afraid having spent my entire working life in law enforcement I can’t get my head around the lack of separation some have between punishing someone for a crime ( which is appropriate) and sacking them/ pillorying them/ disowning them or whatever ( which is subjective)

I can say there would be an awful lot of untouchable people in many walks of life, including on here, if that was the norm, as criminal offences ( including serious ones) are committed every day by huge numbers of people. And those offences that one person finds unforgivable, another finds understandable. 

Under what circumstances would driving while under the influence be understandable?

Hypothetically of course

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Agree - should no longer be captain - give it to mings . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah we already have one of those and I've hated every second Drinkwater has played for us.

from watching him "run" I think Drinkwater hated them games just as much ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Under what circumstances would driving while under the influence be understandable?

Hypothetically of course

Well his grandparent is from Kerry which must be the only place in the world that is trying to legalize drink driving :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Hypothetically of course

Well there’s many reasons why it would be understandable from different peoples perspective, (*)but I’m not saying it is anyway. I’m saying selling the player isn’t appropriate.

example..... you’ve just had a pint, your ma has a heart attack, you live miles from anywhere, you’ve no phone. Not saying I’d drive, but I’d understand someone who did.

(Although I don’t understand anyone drinking, whether driving or not.)

Edited by terrytini

Anyway I’m aware I’m in a wee debate with one or two, so, nothing personal, I’ve other things to attend to......I’d think the totality of my Posts make what I think clear enough should anyone give a toss 🙂👍

Who said the club should sack him? That’s crazy. He’s probably one of the clubs biggest assets. Strip his captaincy, yes. Maybe even put him up for sale. But sack him!

Don’t be silly. 

Edit- the above is based on if he is proven to have been drink driving and left the car after crashing it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Please help me to be understanding of Grealish’s behaviour over the weekend. At the moment I can’t think of what he did as anything but unforgivable but maybe you can present the other side of the argument.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Well there’s many reasons why it would be understandable from different peoples perspective, (*)but I’m not saying it is anyway. I’m saying selling the player isn’t appropriate.

example..... you’ve just had a pint, your ma has a heart attack, you live miles from anywhere, you’ve no phone. Not saying I’d drive, but I’d understand someone who did.

I don’t understand anyone drinking, whether driving or not.

If he has been drink driving its more likely given the time that hes had a session slept there woke up early and decided to leave whilst actually still being over the limit

Something which I sadly think a fair few are guilty of

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who said the club should sack him? That’s crazy. He’s probably one of the clubs biggest assets. Strip his captaincy, yes. Maybe even put him up for sale. But sack him!

Don’t be silly. 

yeah the club is not going to sack a prized asset for this misdemeanour. Truth is players have done a lot worse and kept there job

13 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

People need to get a grip. He’s gone to a mates house, when he shouldn’t (not illegal, despite the lockdown) and crashed his car. Nothing mentioned about drinking, he’s apologised, villa have fined him. The end, it’s been dealt with.

What do you mean it's not illegal?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52053527

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It's hard to disagree and you clearly know what you're talking about from experience. 

But I think this whole virus is going to change peoples perceptions over the next 6 months. Especially in regards to public figures who are telling people what they should be doing. 

• Like 1

Â