The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah I disagree I actually think it's the opposite as that's not how humans work 

To me youre more likely to sink in to old habits if you go back but more likely to acknowledge your failures and seek improvement if you go somewhere completely fresh 

Said before id liken it to cheating on your missus being a lad about town, eventually leaving her for a blonde bombshell, bombshell doesn't work out, if you go back to your ex you won't acknowledge yourself as being a word removed and the perceived weakness would not be on you and you'd soon just sink back in to being a lad about town, whereas if you got yourself a new missus even if she wasn't as good as the ex you're more likely to acknowledge the **** up and make a proper go at it to sort yourself out 

That to me can be applied to Jack and where he ends up next, the danger is that coming back to villa will not mature him in the way that he seemingly still needs, he would stroll in to VP with a disregard for needing to earn his place or the respect of others and I dont think that's a good thing for someone like Grealish 

But he was extremely successful here? In fact, I'd say he played his best football here. He's not exactly Agbonlahor. He was at his most hardworking and professional in his last few seasons here. If he's going to slip into any habits, surely they'd only be good ones?

I think your last paragraph would be true had he joined last season but this season and beyond, we're at a level where he's not exactly going to stroll back into the team. If Ramsey gets back up to speed, he is pretty damn good on that left hand side and will run him close. We don't need him like we once did. He'll be a very useful tool, but one of many in our toolbox. If he comes out of it and makes himself undroppable like Bailey has then great, but he's not guaranteed a spot in this Villa team, and certainly wouldn't be given preferential treatment by Unai you would think.

You can't compare him with Young. Young clearly looked after his fitness throughout his career. Grealish did not. Young was still fit enough to play in the PL at 38. Grealish will be lucky to still playing the professional game at 38.

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

You can't compare him with Young. Young clearly looked after his fitness throughout his career. Grealish did not. Young was still fit enough to play in the PL at 38. Grealish will be lucky to still playing the professional game at 38.

I really find this sort of opinion amusing. 
Apart from liking some nights out, is there any evidence that Grealish doesn’t look after his fitness?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I really find this sort of opinion amusing. 
Apart from liking some nights out, is there any evidence that Grealish doesn’t look after his fitness?

I never met Grealish but I definitely know he doesnt take care of himself

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The amount of alcohol he drinks will undoubtedly have an impact on his health. That’s one aspect of his lifestyle we know about for certain. 

How do you know how much alcohol he drinks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Because the media have released 4 different stories of him being drunk over the last 10 years of his career.

That's a documented bender every 2.5 years. 

If you ask me, that's a career ending death wish. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

If you were asked to pick out who you thought might be the biggest drinker in the squad, who would you choose: the guy who drinks for 72 hours straight at the victory parade and has to be carried out his front door to the next event, or someone else? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

If you were asked to pick out who you thought might be the biggest drinker in the squad, who would you choose: the guy who drinks for 72 hours straight at the victory parade and has to be carried out his front door to the next event, or someone else? 

Someone else, the one you don't know about or would never suspect, seen it time and time again,  big drinkers drug users are stealth like creatures.

Grealish is alot of things, foolish, naive a media magnet and he sells papers and gets hits. 

He's also, on his day, the best footballer I have seen at Villa Park, at times he was unplayable. 

He's not an alcoholic or drug user, he's just a very naughty boy 😁

(I would have him back in a heart beat)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Someone else, the one you don't know about or would never suspect, seen it time and time again,  big drinkers drug users are stealth like creatures.

Grealish is alot of things, foolish, naive a media magnet and he sells papers and gets hits. 

He's also, on his day, the best footballer I have seen at Villa Park, at times he was unplayable. 

He's not an alcoholic or drug user, he's just a very naughty boy 😁

(I would have him back in a heart beat)

Sure although you can add to grealish’s list that he’s been caught in numerous drink related incidents in the past and said in interviews that he will always enjoy going on a night out.

No ones doubting grealish’s ability. But for some reason this thread has morphed into equating him with players like young in terms of fitness/professionalism and ignoring all the evidence in front of our eyes 

Just now, JPJCB said:

Sure although you can add to grealish’s list that he’s been caught in numerous drink related incidents in the past and said in interviews that he will always enjoy going on a night out.

No ones doubting grealish’s ability. But for some reason this thread has morphed into equating him with players like young in terms of fitness/professionalism and ignoring all the evidence in front of our eyes 

Fair enough, footballs a results business and Grealish gave us them in spades 

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Fair enough, footballs a results business and Grealish gave us them in spades 

Sure although we’re doing pretty well in that front without him these days 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The amount of alcohol he drinks will undoubtedly have an impact on his health. That’s one aspect of his lifestyle we know about for certain. 

I thought during the season he was tee total? Isn't that why he has those benders in the summer because he's been off the booze for 10 months?

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

My money is on Kyle Walker. 

32 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, Man City are doing better. 

Very little of it down to him all fairness though. Hardly gets a kick these days.

31 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, Man City are doing better. 

Without him in the team. 

Back to the original point. No one’s saying that if we couldn’t have grealish back for free it would be a bad idea (or if they are then I disagree with them). But the transfer and wage cost would be huge and he’d likely have not that much resale value by the time we looked to move him on at 32-33 (which is where the professionalism point comes in). Plus we’re already well stacked in his position with Ramsey, McGinn, tielemans, Buendia (when fit) all able to play there. I’d rather spend the money on younger options for the squad at CM, RB and striker. 

In any case given the cost constraints I suspect he’ll end up either in MLS or Saudi soon enough cause no one in Europe will fork out the £50m plus to get him 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I thought during the season he was tee total? Isn't that why he has those benders in the summer because he's been off the booze for 10 months?

Wasnt he caught out drinking with Barkley mid season 

• Like 1

Â