The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wouldn’t have him back. I don’t believe we need a player with an inflated ego who would probably unsettle the rest of the squad. I expect he will eventually end up at one of the other sports washing teams. 

On 01/10/2023 at 07:52, villa4europe said:

The stat I saw was most chances created in last year's CL

That's what they bought him for, if they bought him for his goals then they're **** stupid because he's never been a goalscorer

The weird thing is his chances created stats at villa were always sky high along with his Xa but then with a relatively low number assists which lead to a fair few of us saying if he goes to a top table team his assists will go through the haven't and they just haven't... His chances created is still really high his Xa is still really high but his assists even with Haaland in front of him are bog standard

This is what football fans think of that

23 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We’ve moved on, haven’t we?

It took us a while, but yes.  However if Jack was here with Unai and the rest of the current squad?  *drools* 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Honestly don't think I'd want him back.

Yes, for a one off magical match or whatever, he's still clearly very good.

In the real world though, would I want us to buy him for £70m if city didn't want him? And make him best paid player. 

Mmm, jury's out for me. I'd need to be convinced he can unlearn Pep's efficient but boring safety first 99% of the time idea of him as a player. And I can't see any evidence appearing any time soon.

Separate thing but if he'd gone to Utd, he'd have saved them. That's how good he was. He was was used to carrying a side and would have pulled garbage Utd up to title contenders - or at least comfortable top 4 from then to now.

He'd also now be an absolute world super mega star as well. Proper new Beckham.

If United had given an extra 10-15m, he would have gone there the season before he left us. If Spurs had given more money he was ready to go there too. He was always looking to move.

Muscle injury. He was injured in the warm up against Fulham (2nd Sept) and pulled out of the England squad for the Ukraine and Scotland games.   Jeremy Doku had signed for Manchester City a few days before the injury and he’s been in the team ever since.  

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

If United had given an extra 10-15m, he would have gone there the season before he left us. If Spurs had given more money he was ready to go there too. He was always looking to move.

Impossible. Nobody could offer more than £3m and Josh Onomah.

• Haha 3

What I find really odd about Grealish in City is that he seems to have no interest in even trying to beat his man 1v1. I know that's not his strength but the side as a whole is limited in him being a back pass machine at LW.

At least have a go at him. Losing the ball in the opposite corner flag isn't that negatively rated by Pep.

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

What I find really odd about Grealish in City is that he seems to have no interest in even trying to beat his man 1v1. I know that's not his strength but the side as a whole is limited in him being a back pass machine at LW.

At least have a go at him. Losing the ball in the opposite corner flag isn't that negatively rated by Pep.

Peps tactics not Grealish, he would love to take the player on, but Pep would rather him be safe and pass back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Peps tactics not Grealish, he would love to take the player on, but Pep would rather him be safe and pass back.

I don't know - when Doku comes on for him - he's at least taking on his man and either pushing him back or creating the cut back space. Grealish more often than not has to pass it all the way back to the CM or CB at times.

16 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Creativity has been knocked out of him, he has lost his swagger and one of footballs great entertainers has been turned into a defensive winger

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I don't know - when Doku comes on for him - he's at least taking on his man and either pushing him back or creating the cut back space. 

Pep won't be long knocking that out of Doku. 

On his way down the pecking order for sure. Pep thought he could turn him into a lethal goalscorer. He cannot. Doku always makes things happen. He is more effective in smaller areas because of his explosiveness. Jack  needs to be deeper to be effective but they have other better players in those areas . 

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

Pep won't be long knocking that out of Doku. 

If Pep wanted Jack to go to the byline and cross, he would play him on the right.

As City demonstrated in their last two games they are vulnerable to pace on the left flank, so Pep obviously doesn't want his wide players to go to the byline.

If the cross fails, which they mostly do, the winger is out of the game - note the position of Villa's wing-backs when they cross from the flanks.

I think Pep will try and get Doku to give up his habit of cutting in and shooting and get him to play the same role as Jack.

Â