The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

He never looks as smooth as he did when he was with us. He used to glide past players but now he rarely beats more than one person before laying it off. It's almost as if he's a decoy to the more creative players.

I unfortunately just read some comments on the BBC site about the game. The fawning by other fans for the cheats is just sickening. Pep was caught cheating as a player, the club cheats financially. I would put money that on the plane coming home from City games there's various IV's plugged into veins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

People have stopped watching games with their eyes.

There's no way on earth Jack Grealish is the main chance creator in this City side or in European football. He gets credited with a "chance created" every time he drives to the edge of the box, runs out of ideas, rolls a hospital pass back to someone 30 yards out, and they blast it wide.

That's why he has only 1 assist out of 35 chances created in the Champions League.

Whereas KDB has 7 assists out of 21 chances created.

Grealish had an excellent game, no doubt... kept possession well, and it was a beautiful cross for the Haaland chance. But the idea he's now England's most prolific chance creator at this level... madness.

But that's the stat we used to say he was world class when he was at villa...

Remember when he was a Villa player and had the 3rd most chances created in open play in europe behind only messi and neymar? I don't remember people questioning how far out those shots were...

This chance created stat is the jack grealish stat

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

People have stopped watching games with their eyes.

There's no way on earth Jack Grealish is the main chance creator in this City side or in European football. He gets credited with a "chance created" every time he drives to the edge of the box, runs out of ideas, rolls a hospital pass back to someone 30 yards out, and they blast it wide.

That's why he has only 1 assist out of 35 chances created in the Champions League.

Whereas KDB has 7 assists out of 21 chances created.

Grealish had an excellent game, no doubt... kept possession well, and it was a beautiful cross for the Haaland chance. But the idea he's now England's most prolific chance creator at this level... madness.

Who's a better English creator than him? KDB isn't English 😜

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But that's the stat we used to say he was world class when he was at villa...

Remember when he was a Villa player and had the 3rd most chances created in open play in europe behind only messi and neymar? I don't remember people questioning how far out those shots were...

This chance created stat is the jack grealish stat

He used to create quality chances for us consistently.

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

God I hope that day never ever comes!

We’ve moved on this club is going places.

We've moved on, but take away the history and I'll be happy place a CL finalist playing for the best team in the world in the Villa squad. 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

He never looks as smooth as he did when he was with us. He used to glide past players but now he rarely beats more than one person before laying it off. It's almost as if he's a decoy to the more creative players.

I unfortunately just read some comments on the BBC site about the game. The fawning by other fans for the cheats is just sickening. Pep was caught cheating as a player, the club cheats financially. I would put money that on the plane coming home from City games there's various IV's plugged into veins.

I think it is far more widespread, at least among the "top" clubs, and is managed. I suspect there are players / upcoming managers, that are caught cheating (Guardiola/Howe), and others known to be open to cheating (klopp) who are known to be open. They get taken by the big clubs who have enough power influence to cheat, get given a tactical plan that clearly favours those on PEDS - high intensity and pressing - which ultimately gives all the advantages to team on the juice. This can then be put on the 'cult of personality' of the manager (guardiola and klopp both have this, arteta and howe seem to be building it, that these managers are just somehow much better than the rest of them all). It seems to manifest itself - if my suspicions are correct - in dominant runs, followed by weird defeats when they seem to be unaturally off (7-2, or even the 3-0 we had against newcastle (on this I wonder if the reason emery never took the job was because he wasn't on board with PEDS, which I guess makes it hard for them to be juiced against us? I dunno that is very conspiratorial). We get glib statements like Klopps mentality monsters - which basically sounds to me like his way of justifying their intensity.  For years andy robertson has been looking like diego maradona scoring a goal at the 94 world cup every time he takes a defensive throw in. Just look howe juiced up the newcastle players were against Spurs. There eyes were all black holes. 

I find it hard to believe that for this long so many teams would have got away with PEDs.  There would have to be so many people involved in a cover up with nobody willing to be a whistle-blower.  Same with so many refs supposedly being corrupt.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I find it hard to believe that for this long so many teams would have got away with PEDs.  There would have to be so many people involved in a cover up with nobody willing to be a whistle-blower.  Same with so many refs supposedly being corrupt.

I dunno. I think non-disclosure agreements are quite widespread these days. I think if your owner has enough power then the football authorities can be easily navigated. But I also wouldnt put it passed being centrally managed by the Premier League to manage their products. I am sure there are drugs out there that are so unknown they are probably not even illegal. Just immoral.  Whilst I do see why it is hard to believe, and thus respect your viewpoint. I would actually find it hard to believe that high level sports don't have doping issues based upon the nature of competition and that some people do anything to win. I dunno, I just look at what I see - and it looks like some teams get unnaturally good performances on an unaturally regular basis from an unnatural proportion of the whole team. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's been creating good chances too. The one for Gundogan in the first half was classic Jack.

He has, and not saying he isn’t a talented, creative player.

But there’s a suggestion he’s created 10 more chances than literally any other player in the competition, and that he’s the most creative English player *ever*.

His stats are inflated, which is why his assist:chance ratio is so much worse than KDB’s. He’s an excellent player, top 50ish in the world, maybe. He’s not the leading creative player in European football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seal said:

I think it is far more widespread, at least among the "top" clubs, and is managed. I suspect there are players / upcoming managers, that are caught cheating (Guardiola/Howe), and others known to be open to cheating (klopp) who are known to be open. They get taken by the big clubs who have enough power influence to cheat, get given a tactical plan that clearly favours those on PEDS - high intensity and pressing - which ultimately gives all the advantages to team on the juice. This can then be put on the 'cult of personality' of the manager (guardiola and klopp both have this, arteta and howe seem to be building it, that these managers are just somehow much better than the rest of them all). It seems to manifest itself - if my suspicions are correct - in dominant runs, followed by weird defeats when they seem to be unaturally off (7-2, or even the 3-0 we had against newcastle (on this I wonder if the reason emery never took the job was because he wasn't on board with PEDS, which I guess makes it hard for them to be juiced against us? I dunno that is very conspiratorial). We get glib statements like Klopps mentality monsters - which basically sounds to me like his way of justifying their intensity.  For years andy robertson has been looking like diego maradona scoring a goal at the 94 world cup every time he takes a defensive throw in. Just look howe juiced up the newcastle players were against Spurs. There eyes were all black holes. 

I think PEDs during injury recovery and some borderline / hard to detect practices like blood doping etc are probably quite common on an individual level. Doubt it’s the majority doing it, but a significant minority.

But the stuff you describe in this post sounds a bit fantastical tbh.

Black holes for eyes. Hmm.

On 12/04/2023 at 23:48, DJBOB said:

You’ll never see him like he was here. Because of Pep’s philosophies, he must maintain that width on the left no matter what. No floating, no picking it up centrally and slicing through the defense. In the beginning, Pep tried to play him centrally and in the half spaces but he’s just not that quick of a passer or able to take a touch on the half turn and rifle a through ball. 

But he can carry for long distances on the left and like others have alluded, Ake’s positioning is more supportive defensively which allows him to attack with a bit more decisiveness. 

City are quite flexible position-wise, though. I saw Stones in the penalty area at one stage last night, and not from a corner.

He wins the treble there and he's pretty much achieved all he's wanted to do already at Man. City.

Similar to Sheringham who won treble at Man. United in his second season and then went back to Spurs a few years later.

Â