The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The contact obviously has a consequence.  The clip leads Grealish's leg to go into his other leg.

It doesn't particularly matter how slight or that Grealish has engineered it by running across Ramsey - there's a clip and it's enough to put him off balance.

VAR is never ever going to overturn that.

Except that there’s minimal at best contact. Nothing that would make him stumble. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Except that there’s minimal at best contact. Nothing that would make him stumble. 

I think if you're running and got your ankle/foot clipped, even slightly, it would make you off balance.  I can easily see why Grealish's leg would deflect onto his other leg.

It's not a dive or cheating (unlike Ashley Young for Man Utd), but it shouldn't be given as a penalty IMO because there's no intent from Ramsey at all.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Except Leon Bailey 😩 

If he was touched he probably would have.

I don't like the way the commentators were saying "he should have hit the deck"; no, he shouldn't have because he wasn't fouled :D 

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

VAR is never ever going to overturn that.

100% agree

If you think VAR is overturning that rather than agreeing with it you're watching a different sport to me

Whether or not you think that's right or wrong is something different but top 6 at home in 2023 that's a stone wall penalty, whether or not you think Bailey gets that penalty at the other end off KDB again is something different but absolutely not a chance is VAR overturning the Grealish decision

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If he was touched he probably would have.

I don't like the way the commentators were saying "he should have hit the deck"; no, he shouldn't have because he wasn't fouled :D 

Bailey was different in that he didn't engineer contact when he probably could have done, he knocked the ball around the tackle and then stepped around the tackle too, he shouldn't just fall over and properly dive but the leg was there to run towards rather than away from

Grealish, kane, salah etc all step in to the tackle and win the pen, Bailey was too honest for his own good

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Bailey was different in that he didn't engineer contact when he probably could have done, he knocked the ball around the tackle and then stepped around the tackle too, he shouldn't just fall over and properly dive but the leg was there to run towards rather than away from

Grealish, kane, salah etc all step in to the tackle and win the pen, Bailey was too honest for his own good

Yeah, maybe - I haven't watched it back, but it didn't feel like KDB had left a leg in or anything; I thought his tackle came up short (hi KW) and Bailey was past him.

It's one of those that get given - it shouldn't, the forward has initiated the contact with the defender by suddenly moving across him, slowing and leaving a leg hanging backwards to get a nick off the defender - it's a kick-the-defender-and-go-down penalty. They shouldn't get given, if anything it's a foul by the forward - but if you're in the box and on the ball and you manage to clip a man behind you, you'll always get those.

It's his job, it's what he does, find ways to create chances for the team he's playing for.

Tis what it is.

• Like 2

In fairness to Ramsey he very nearly manages to slow enough not to catch him. 

I think the only thing the defender can really do in those situations is jump as high as they can and hope the forward has already gone down before they crash into their shoulders - if you can jump all the way over him there will be no contact.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, maybe - I haven't watched it back, but it didn't feel like KDB had left a leg in or anything; I thought his tackle came up short (hi KW) and Bailey was past him.

Ill to watch it again too, the one I've got in my head is grealish vs baggies where gibbs made a similar tackle and Grealish done him like a kipper, purposeful heavy touch so gibbs couldn't win the ball he can only foul him and then grealish leans in to his leg, it's an all dayer

Can't moan too much about Bailey but he went round him to avoid contact instead

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's one of those that get given - it shouldn't, the forward has initiated the contact with the defender by suddenly moving across him, slowing and leaving a leg hanging backwards to get a nick off the defender - it's a kick-the-defender-and-go-down penalty. They shouldn't get given, if anything it's a foul by the forward - but if you're in the box and on the ball and you manage to clip a man behind you, you'll always get those.

It's his job, it's what he does, find ways to create chances for the team he's playing for.

Tis what it is.

Damn, thought you were here to lock the thread, Hobbit

spacer.png

Are we allowed to start throwing abuse at his family until they turn in their season tickets now?

Let some actual Villa fans come to Villa Park instead of those charlatans who were probably ever so proud of their son/brother stitching up “their club”

How times change. The thread that was started by the player's brother has become 'are we allowed to start throwing abuse at his family?'

At the end of the day it's just sport. Yes, he bought it, I was unimpressed. It's cheating. But we're going to finish in lower mid-table. It didn't even decide the game. An urgent need for some people to get outside and touch grass. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How times change. The thread that was started by the player's brother has become 'are we allowed to start throwing abuse at his family?'

At the end of the day it's just sport. Yes, he bought it, I was unimpressed. It's cheating. But we're going to finish in lower mid-table. It didn't even decide the game. An urgent need for some people to get outside and touch grass. 

Exactly… so he did it just to **** us (allegedly “his own”) over…

and the fact that the thread was started by his brother is neither here nor there…

I think it’s been proven by daddy and brother Jack that you can’t trust anything a Grealish says or does… so put them all in the same basket…

Apples not falling far from trees and all that…

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I still can't bring myself to hate the guy. 

He did to us what he'd have done to any other opponent. Why should he change his M.O. just for us? We are simply at the wrong end now. 

It pissed me off yesterday but this morning I've got other actual real things that piss me off, not some goofy footballer.

• Like 2

Â