The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

He gets all his minutes against lower PL teams or when the game is already won

its a short career - he won’t get this time back sitting around on the bench

Peps reluctance to trust him will also put an England starting spot back

Sad

So what? No way is he regretting the move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Peps reluctance to trust him will also put an England starting spot back

We know thats not true 

Why wasn't grealish picked for England when he was at villa? Because Southgate preferred the "experience" of top 4 subs

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So what? No way is he regretting the move. 

It’s interesting. On the one hand, I’m sure he’s happier just being involved in these types of nights which he was miles from at villa. But on the other, the longer this goes and the further down the pecking order he moves you’ve got to imagine that his England career will suffer.

pThis time last year there was a genuine debate around whether grealish should be starting over players like foden, Sterling and mount- now you’d be mad to pick him since those three get so much more playing time in the big occasions.

so the trade off will start to be his club career vs his England career I suspect. If he carries on with this big part role I. The city squad then he should be dropped from England’s squad. Of course he could have squared the is circle if he’d moved to a different top club. If he was at spurs or utd he’d be starting every week 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

This time last year there was a genuine debate around whether grealish should be starting over players like foden, Sterling and mount- now you’d be mad to pick him since those three get so much more playing time in the big occasions.

Without dissing anyone, from the Villa side, were the debates " genuine ", or based around extreme fan boy syndrome.

I'll never forget the extreme meltdowns when he wasn't starting, or was subbed. To the levels of none sensical vitriol against Southgate and poor Mason Mount for no valid reason. lol

In all honesty, I've always thought the likes of Foden were more effective and would eventually become a better player.

Jack is indeed a very good player, but his playing style suits a team where he can do what he wants with the ball.

As an actual all round team player... i'm not so sure.

He will improve though I reckon with these experiences.

• Like 1

Can't imagine he's happy being an unused sub in a Champs League semi against Real Madrid, these are the kind of games he made the move for and he's a spectator, just like the Villa players sat at home, only he gets a better view.

• Like 1

My take on Jack.

Great player, probably the the most naturally gifted I’ve ever seen down VP (and I’m lucky enough to have seen God), was gutted when left, and childishly initially wished it all went wrong for him. 

Now, I’m completely over it and really don’t care how he does moving forward because he isn’t a Villa player. 

If I had to guess though, he’ll be fine. He will be a city longer than Pep and he’ll show what a great player he is. 

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without dissing anyone, from the Villa side, were the debates " genuine ", or based around extreme fan boy syndrome.

I'll never forget the extreme meltdowns when he wasn't starting, or was subbed. To the levels of none sensical vitriol against Southgate and poor Mason Mount for no valid reason. lol

In all honesty, I've always thought the likes of Foden were more effective and would eventually become a better player.

Jack is indeed a very good player, but his playing style suits a team where he can do what he wants with the ball.

Nope before he got injured last season he was a contender for the best player in the league last season

He now has an idiot manager at international level and at club level a robotic manager who doesnt like players to think for themselves

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope before he got injured last season he was a contender for the best player in the league last season

He now has an idiot manager at international level and at club level a robotic manager who doesnt like players to think for themselves

Yeah last season it even got to the point where noses that I know wanted him starting for England. I think he'll come good for City next year but don't think he'll ever hit form like he was in for us the first half of last season again, he was incredible. Had us looking like outside condenders for CL football before the Covid outbreak.

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair. I think I agree that foden is and certainly will be the better player. Though he was less developed last year and arguably level if not behind grealish- a lot of grealish’s performances in the first half of last season outshone foden.

I continue to think that grealish is a better overall player than mount though mount is arguably the more intelligent player. But in any case I certainly don’t have anymore resentment about mount being picked over him since, regardless of the claret and blue specs, mount has had a far better season

Edited by JPJCB
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say he's regretting moving from Villa to City but maybe he's rueing his judgement of not going to a United or some other team that are also a massive step up from Villa, but where he'd be the star and play week in week out. This can't be fun, especially for someone who loves football as much as him.

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I wouldn't say he's regretting moving from Villa to City but maybe he's rueing his judgement of not going to a United or some other team that are also a massive step up from Villa, but where he'd be the star and play week in week out. This can't be fun, especially for someone who loves football as much as him.

I always thought he would be more suited to a team like United if I'm honest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

“Hay but my name is billion dollar pep no? We can’t afford Grealish fantastic player. “

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Fair. I think I agree that foden is and certainly will be the better player. Though he was less developed last year and arguably level if not behind grealish- a lot of grealish’s performances in the first half of last season outshone foden.

Foden has great ability and not knocking him for this but he has played at City his entire career with similarly talented players. 

I dont think he would have looked as great at Villa playing with Elmo, Trezeguet and Hourihane 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently we tried to get Real Madrid to sign him. He would have been absolutely brilliant in Spain and he would have been allowed to play his natural game. 

He would have been awesome alongside Vini Jr and Benzema tonight in that open game. Probably notching his 20th assist in all competitions or something silly like that.

• Like 1

He'll play at some point in the CL.

He won't be ecstatic with his minutes so far. Played 90' Vs Brugges twice in 4-1 & 5-1 wins. 90' Vs Leipzig in a loss and 68' vs PSG in a loss all in the group stages.

Other than that he hasn't featured in the CL other than a 20' cameo in the 2-1 win over Atleti.

So, not great on paper but he's played against Leipzig (competitively, not just as our statement summer friendly 🤣), PSG, Atleti and the prospect of Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in a semi-final they are already winning. Then a shot at winning the Champions League. He'll be ecstatic even if he hasn't had the minutes he'd have hoped for.

Â