The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I still like what someone else said earlier in the season

Imagine what we'd be if we'd replaced Barkley with Coutinho / Buendia 

I said this yesterday.

Coutinho instead of Barkley and we would probably have qualified for Europe.

Pretty unlikely Coutinho would have joined us off the back of the 2019/20 season though!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Controversial opinion but I still preferred watching Jack play in full flow than coutinho. The first half of last season he was absolutely phenomenal and you just wanted him on the ball at all times. Seriously, watch the YouTube highlight reels from those games to jog the memory.

that said, I don’t necessarily think he was a better player then than coutinho is now. The difference is that coutinho is far more effective and can have less influence on the overall play while still being incisive at the key points and notching up goals and assists. Jack was wasteful despite being so brilliant 

I agree.  I think Jack at his best is far flasher than Coutinho but Coutinho is a better player and far more effective.  I would though caveat that Coutinho still potentially has more in the tank and if he can play like he did at Liverpool he may have the Jack flash plus the effectiveness.  If he continues as he is and signs in the summer permanently then it could be the best swap in players for many a year for us both financially and player wise.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I said this yesterday.

Coutinho instead of Barkley and we would probably have qualified for Europe.

Pretty unlikely Coutinho would have joined us off the back of the 2019/20 season though!

Absolutely, Coutinho is here because of Gerrard, no other reason. 

Now he's here I'm sure he is loving it, but he'd have never considered us otherwise. 

• Like 1

Hope he's watching Coutinho on his phone on the way to sitting on the bench for 90 mins, and I hope he's gutted.

Don't hate the lad like some, but I think he should have stayed.

City ffs Jack.

Can see him having his best game of the season today if he starts as Man. United could never really handle him when he was with us, remember that game last season when they just put Matic on to foul him every 10 seconds near the end.

Imagine Maguire having to handle a front 3 of Mahrez-Grealish-Foden today, would concede about three penalties.

5 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Controversial opinion but I still preferred watching Jack play in full flow than coutinho. The first half of last season he was absolutely phenomenal and you just wanted him on the ball at all times. Seriously, watch the YouTube highlight reels from those games to jog the memory.

that said, I don’t necessarily think he was a better player then than coutinho is now. The difference is that coutinho is far more effective and can have less influence on the overall play while still being incisive at the key points and notching up goals and assists. Jack was wasteful despite being so brilliant 

Spot on.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Looks like I've been outed as Pep!

Man. United playing Fenandes as false 9. Can't see them handling that City at all, 4-1 City.

United under Solskjaer had a decent record vs City and Martial seemed to turn up for them games

Just now, Tom13 said:

Fred was a boss in them as well.

I think Fred personally is underrated compared to some of the other players who get away with it from the media. McTominay, Shaw and Maguire spring to mind 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Fred personally is underrated compared to some of the other players who get away with it from the media. McTominay, Shaw and Maguire spring to mind 

So do I, I've always rated Fred.

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Tried a backheel, didn't come off, Man U go up the other end and score. Would be harsh but wonder if Pep and the other players will hold him responsible for that one 

The Gerard Houllier school of management. 

Â